Delivers on the vision and strategy for the Flow Cytometry & Immunoassays business to meet or exceed business goals agreed upon with Thermo Fisher Scientific Commercial management for the Region.
Integration execution ensuring effective team work across this Regions instrument and immunoassays TSS, lead generation between the teams, communicates and drives compliance to the rules of engagement. Additionally, influences and interacts with the local marketing team and sales teams/channel partners, works within the Flow Cytometry and Immunoassays leadership team to deliver on consistent approaches across the EMEA Regions.
Directs the tactical implementation of the business plan to meet objectives across the teams and geographies– including growth initiatives, sales to new accounts in target industries, successful introduction of new products. Participants in continuous process and operational improvement opportunities.
Oversees contracts/quotations within Thermo Fisher Scientific Guidelines by extending competitive pricing as needed to maintain and increase margin with guidance from Director of Sales or Commercial Operations’ Finance department.
This individual’s responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following specific responsibilities:
- In partnership with other members of the management team, scope out the short and long-term strategic and operating plans for the portfolio.
- Implement the commercial strategies, ensuring alignment with the global and regional plans.
- Deploy and execute the integration plans for Affymetrix along with owning the change management processes.
- Ensure alignment across the Regional flow cytometry & Immunoassays teams for consistency with strategy & tactical plans.
- Through Technical Sales Specialists, directs the process of selling Thermo Fisher Scientific Flow Cytometry & Immunoassays products and services to customers and prospects
- Consistently monitors results of sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use a CRM system and other designated IT tools
- Identify and evaluate market opportunities for growth – Engage in business development for emerging technologies or market segments.
- Ensure a financially sound operation with solid corporate governance and compliance. Manage the business’s budget appropriately.
- Partner with other members of the management team, globally and in the region, to formulate cross-functional strategies for accelerated growth.
- Monitor market intelligence and keep abreast of competition; economics, and the regulatory environment.
- Lead a technically-savvy team; hire, motivate, and retain staff, to build a high performing team.
Nature and Scope
- Proficient in strategic and tactical thinking about the business, developing actionable business plans and demonstrating to Region team member how to achieve those plans
- Strong analytical and business planning skills.
- Superior professional presence and business acumen.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to communicate with many diverse customer audiences such as Economic Decision Makers and other influencers, and internal audiences across functions Communication skills include excellent listening and presentation skills.
- Strong capability to interface effectively with all customer types across functions and at all levels to gain commitment, obtain resources, and achieve desired results.
- Ability to function effectively with a high performance team with strong team building skills and the ability to resolve conflict.
- Requires ~50% travel
- Requires 5 plus years’ experience in sales and/or sales management. Extensive knowledge of Flow Cytometry required.
- Integration and change management experience ideal.
- Has experience with selling capital equipment and proven experience in selling techniques to drive closing sales
- Experience in running a selling organization in EMEA, or a demonstrable understanding of business practice in the Life Science industry. Familiarity with funding practices with respect to the life sciences industry as well as an existing network of KOL and policy makers.
- Experience in managing stakeholders in a matrix environment preferably on a global basis
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience. A Master’s degree is preferred.
Critical Competencies for Success
Leadership skills – Proven ability to lead by example, and motivate people. He/she is able to raise the energy level within the organization. A committed mentor, people developer and team builder. He/she must be able to articulate his/her strategy to the team to ensure seamless execution. He/she will be able to influence people at all levels at regional and global organizations.
Operational Skills – This individual will be required to deliver the annual revenue and growth expectations with a highly capital intensive portfolio. He/she will have the ability to recruit, train, and develop an organization that is both high performing and sustainable.
Strategic and execution ability – The individual needs to have the ability to look at things from a helicopter view; to organize a task, set clear direction, follow up on a timely basis, and hold others accountable to a high standard. He/she will have broad knowledge on market trends and new business opportunities
Success will be measured by
Overachievement of revenue against a defined plan
Faster than market growth (at least 5% in terms of share gain)
Employee engagement to be significantly higher than the company average
Other Personal Characteristics
- Negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Business planning and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A good people’s person, with the ability to work effectively at all levels.
- Solid business and financial acumen, a change agent.
- A collaborative, result-oriented individual.
- A team player, with a positive attitude, and commitment to the development of his/her people.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join