When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Healthcare Market Division (HMD) offers a broad array of consumables, diagnostic kits and reagents, equipment, instruments, solutions and services for hospitals, clinical laboratories, reference laboratories, physicians’ offices and other clinical testing facilities. These products are manufactured by Thermo Fisher and third parties. The division is based in Houston, Texas and manages over 22,000 active customer accounts, 80,000 products, 2900 suppliers, 13 distribution centers and 3 customer service locations generating over $1B in revenues.
This position can be based in Houston, TX, or Pittsburg, PA.
How will you make an impact?
The General Lab Product Manager is responsible for managing a defined product portfolio and supporting market analysis, planning, and commercial strategy. Key success metrics of this position are revenue growth, portfolio profitability and new product and supplier introductions. The Product Manager will be responsible for sourcing new products and developing and implementing product acquisition strategies to accelerate the growth of the Healthcare Market Division (HMD). He/She is also responsible for developing and coordinating new product launches and marketing promotions with suppliers as well as the development of effective promotional sales tools and collateral marketing pieces in support of product launches. The Product Manager will work closely with Thermo Fisher Scientific self-manufacturing divisions to align business objectives to assure that the overall corporate growth objectives are met.
What will you do?
- Manage all facets of supplier activities to ensure compliance with company practices and business objectives. Perform regular key supplier performance assessments and establish lasting business relationships.
- Identify mutual goals, implement performance metrics and negotiate with new and existing suppliers the most favorable business terms and conditions for HMD.
- Deploy direct strategies to identify and source new suppliers and products.
- Work closely with HMD legal counsel to negotiate favorable commercial terms and conditions.
- Develop and coordinate new product launches and marketing promotions with suppliers including the development of effective promotional and sales tools and collateral marketing pieces in support of mutually aligned business objectives.
- Continued tactical day-to-day management of the existing product portfolio and maintain cross-functional relationships with internal departments including; Finance, Supply Chain, Sales, Purchasing, Marketing Communications, Quality Assurance, Regulatory, Product Administration, and other Thermo Fisher Scientific divisions.
- Work closely with HMD and Research and Safety Division (RSD) colleagues to develop cross-selling opportunities within the HMD channel.
- Work with Learning and Development Team for new hire training opportunities on the portfolio.
- Provide the sales team sales and technical support and identify and address market and product challenges and/or opportunities.
- Augment pricing and positioning strategies within the portfolio to ensure profitable growth.
- Collaborate with Regulatory and Quality functions to ensure products are compliant with all relevant regulatory and quality requirements.
- Obtain funding commitments from suppliers for participation in various sales and marketing opportunities and programs such as the National Sales Meeting, District Meetings and the Strategic Supplier Program.
- Maintain accountability to achieving key supplier metrics including revenue growth, margin expansion and funding opportunities.
How will you get here?
- BA/BS with major/minor in sciences/business required.
- MBA or graduate degree preferred.
- 3-7 years’ experience in strategic sourcing, product management or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 15-20% domestic travel.
- Experience with sales, marketing or other commercial functional areas preferred.
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory products and applications, actual working laboratory experience or understanding of customer requirements in laboratory products preferred.
- Self-starter with the ability to execute plans with minimal supervision.
- Confidence and poise to negotiate and manage a relationship with Director and Vice President level supplier partners independently.
- Ability to develop/implement strategies and sound recommendations based on both quantitative and qualitative inputs with intuitive understanding of financial drivers.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, customer orientation, presentation and problem solving skills.
- Multi-tasking experience, flexibility, and understanding of business impact to address immediate priorities and still manage deadlines with longer-term projects and strategic initiatives.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project)
- Strong general business and financial acumen and analytical skills with impeccable attention to detail.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join