This is a 2nd Shift position with the hours from 3:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. Monday through Friday with overtime and weekends required as needed.
Packaging and Labeling Technicians perform the printing of labels using digital and Zebra printers as well as vision inspection systems for manufacturing teams as well as manage the inventory of labels and inserts, pull labels and inserts for productions use and print in-house inserts. Position will also encompass MRP transactions. Job will be performed in compliance with GMP and as per appropriate SOPs.
- Maintains inventory of labels and inserts. Upon receipt of materials all inventory must be physically given a location in the label room.
- Completes cycle counts on a monthly basis for labels and inserts.
- Performs MRP functions for labels and inserts. This includes warehouse status changes, location transactions, adjustments and work order issues.
- Pulls labels for production use per manufacturing work order instructions.
- Prints labels as per requests from Manufacturing teams, Advanced Manufacturing, Warehouse and Engineering.
- Prints in-house inserts as required.
- Works with Packaging Engineering and Documentation to develop all new label formats.
- Cleans and maintains work area.
- Interfaces and communicates effectively with all work groups.
- Works in manufacturing area in the event label room is down or assistance is needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of one year previous production/manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of Easy Label software a plus.
- Normal manufacturing environment with moderate work area conditions with no excessive temperatures or noise.
- Position may require frequent communication and walking to other areas in which designated PPE will be required.
- Position will require sitting and standing.
- Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Demonstrated knowledge of PCs and software applications
- Familiarity with SAP transactions
- Knowledge of cycle count process
- Ability to work independently; able to schedule and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and ability
- Demonstrated communication and math skills
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Knowledge of GMP and ISO requirements
- Demonstrated good safety and quality practices
- Demonstrated good attendance practices
- Must be flexible and willing to work overtime if necessary
This position is not approved for relocation benefits.
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $18B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join