Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally.
Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Talent Management & Organisational Development Senior Manager to join our business. This role will cover EMEA with strong links and relationships with the US, jointly report to the Group Talent Manager and Life Sciences Solutions Group EMEA HR Leader.
You will be responsible for collaborating with Group Talent Management division/functions leads, Region HR leaders, and the Corporate Region Talent Management team to develop and implement talent management and organisational development strategies and solutions. The goal is to enhance and advance talent capability across the region and drive a culture of career growth, promote talent mobility, and enhance employee engagement and leadership across the region. The role actively partners and engages HR colleagues and business leaders in the active talent management and development of their teams mentoring, providing counsel, and developing strategies and activities to improve attraction, performance and retention of exceptional talent.
- Collaborate with the region business leaders and their respective HR Leaders to identify needs and create talent and leadership development strategies aligned to our integrated talent management strategy
- Partner with the group talent management team to identify, leverage and deploy consistent programs, experiences and tools to drive development of leaders, managers and professionals
- Partner with HR and Senior leaders to diagnose, develop and deliver (in partnership with group Talent Operations team and our COE) training programs and/or interventions that help build exceptional talent
- Develop a cadence of talent management activity in the region that promotes ongoing and integrated talent management activities
- In collaboration with the corporate talent team, align on a consistent talent planning strategy and approach for the division/function/region partnering with business and HR leaders to identify critical positions and critical talent
- In partnership with Talent Acquisition team and HR team, proactively identify, track and recommend talent to fill key vacancies and support long-term growth strategies using systems and tools developed by TMD
- Champion top talent and guide individual development plans to maximise experience, skill, and readiness for next role
- Partner with the group TM team on ideation, development and implementation of group talent initiatives
- Actively participate and contribute in COE Talent brainstorming, initiative development, and implementation to help develop long-term talent management and capability building
- Degree qualified, preferably Industrial Psychology, HR or Instructional design
- Significant experience in a talent management and development role
- Experience developing and delivering leadership development learning programmes
- Programme and project management experience
- Confident and articulate, with first class presentation, negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to work autonomously with limited direction
- Comfortable working in a fast paced organisation
- Experience in a global organisation would be highly advantageous
- Advanced MS office skills
This role will include overseas travel therefore flexibility is essential
What we offer:
- On site subsidised gym
- Free on site car parking
- Flexible benefits
- Annual incentive plan
- Opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry
- Be part of building a business within the business, including a leadership team
- “First of it’s kind” products
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join