The S&OP Manager co-ordinates demand and capacity planning for all service lines. This position is responsible for managing the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process for the Clinical Trials Division, including development of the Demand Plan, Supply Plan, Capital Equipment Plan for Capacity and Executive S&OP Review. Key performance measures will include customer On Time Job Finish (OTJF) and forecast accuracy.
This role collaborates with the regional sales, client services, packaging and distribution teams in Fisher Clinical Services; sales client services and operations teams in Fisher Bioservices; and finance, transportation planning and operations teams in PSI to improve execution, provide training and support to local employees and to accelerate continuous improvement efforts across each value stream. This role partners with Sales Force SME and Commercial Finance Director to develop processes, standards and training to enable the Division to leverage the full capability of the software.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for planning and S&OP. Support development of tools for daily management and lean leadership for the planning teams
- PPI Business System - Work with all functions to continuously improve local and S&OP planning processes including master scheduling, material management practices and use of Sales Force. Create opportunities to collaborate with key customers on improvement opportunities.
- S&OP Process - Drive improved effectiveness of S&OP process through sharing of best practices and implementation of standards; Engage with and coach functional and site teams to ensure proper actions being taken to improve process results
- Summarize the demand plan using Sales Force and other commercial/client services inputs at the Division, BU, region and site levels.
- Work with the site planning teams to create effective supply planning models for labor, room/equipment capacity and storage.
- Assess capacity/capabilities against the demand plan to effectively manage the supply chain.
- Report results in revenue scheduling, On Time Job Finish (OTJF) and forecast accuracy at region/site and executive monthly S&OP review.
- Lead monthly demand planning meetings with sales, marketing, operations, and materials management (Pre S&OPs) in order to reach consensus on the sales forecast, measure forecast accuracy and strive for continuous improvement. Coordinate with functional and site teams to identify key gaps, actions and required escalations.
- Lead the executive S&OP review to address escalations, gaps and opportunities.
- Define and acquire new software/systems tools or improve existing software/systems to generate a statistical forecast. These forecasts can be merged with sales feedback and market intelligence to generate the demand plan.
- Perform analyses of a qualitative and quantitative nature and make recommendations with regard to operations planning and forecasting.
- Provide leadership to achieve continuous improvement in manufacturing cycle time, schedule realization and total cost productivity. Collaborate with site Operations Directors and Production Managers to identify, prioritize, and resource project.
- Understand capacity and ensure maximum utilization and efficiency of available resources to meet supply plans in collaboration with Production Managers
- Manage activities and drive continuous improvement in sales planning, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing and receiving. Drive continuous improvement in the consistent utilization of Salesforce.com across all sites. Support the sales team throughout the sales planning process.
- Strong analytical and excel skills. Comfortable with forecasting and planning software.
- Solid foundation in Root Cause Problem Solving, Process Flow / Value stream Mapping and Standard Work application.
- Ability to lead teams to achieve successful results, including those with a matrix reporting relationship.
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to interface & influence effectively at all levels of the organization and work effectively in a complex matrix environment.
- Self motivated with strong leadership skills. Innovative, dynamic, multi-tasking.
- Effective, articulate and concise communicator with effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
Other Job Requirements:
- Able to travel periodically
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Material Management or Supply Chain, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience in multi-faceted manufacturing environment in a management capacity
- Demonstrated experience of value stream data collection and analysis
- Excellent leadership qualities and experience in running a complex system warehouse
- Strong Analytical, data management and organizational skills
- Solid understanding and understanding of planning and forecasting software solution
- Experience in employee involvement principals, business planning and budget planning, execution and productivity and quality improvement methods
- Results oriented and an excellent communicator (oral and written)
- APICS CPIM preferred, but not required
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, Access and Visio.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join