When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Production Scheduler is responsible for working in close coordination between the Planning function and the Production floor to manage the detailed scheduling of assigned categories of Make To Stock and Make To Order consumable life sciences products, ensuring high levels of order fulfillment and efficient capacity utilization. Daily tasks will include at least the following:
- Coordinating production schedules on shift, daily, and weekly basis to meet Work Order Due Dates and facilitate timely Order Fulfillment.
- Pursue continuous improvement in all scheduling flows and processes.
- Communication with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
How will you get here?
- Associate’s degree or directly equivalent work experience.
- Good problem solving and reasoning skills to effectively deal with problems varying in complexity relative to job level
- Strong verbal communication skills to effectively communicate critical information. Solid writing skills to develop routine reports and correspondences that are clear and concise.
- Must have good computer skills and a basic knowledge of scheduling in a production environment, and working knowledge of material resource planning (MRP) systems and concepts.
- Must have a work history which demonstrates excellent organizational skills and outstanding communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook).
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- APICS or other relevant certifications highly desirable.
- Ability to develop and provide reports to satisfy ongoing inquires on inventory, capacity and product availability.
- Strong knowledge or planning and scheduling systems.
- Solid understanding of concepts of inventory flow throughout the supply chain.
- Strong understanding of concepts of inventory management, production and distribution.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join