When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
In this position, you will join a team that will transition advanced technology developed within our research group, to commercial products. Your work on these projects will have a direct impact on new growth for our Madison site and provide a unique opportunity to become part of an exciting new product development program.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Material Scientist will be responsible for development, testing, and debugging of critical systems and technology for a new instrument design program. The Material Scientist will also work closely with the Program and Product Management teams to develop roadmaps for new products.
- Advanced Sensor Development
- Coordinate communication between the suppliers, help solve technical issues as they arise as we develop the sensors for production
- Interface with other BU’s for development, commercialization and testing
- Evaluate production parts
- Look for and implement process improvements
- Instrument Development
- Develop and conduct system level tests
- Work closely with the project Systems Engineer to conduct DFMEA’s and PFMEA’s to ensure reliability
- M.S in Chemistry, Material Science, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Bioengineering
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Material Science, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Bioengineering
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join