The Site Account Representative is based in Vancouver, British Columbia and will work closely with the Life Technologies consumable and instrument Sales Reps to optimize the inventory and customer experience of onsite stocking programs to ensure continued growth of Supply Centers across Vancouver. They will also assist sales processes in assigned geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans. They must understand and use product features, benefits and applications and have sound selling and business-building skills to successfully promote the sale of products to achieve or exceed the assigned territory growth plan. They serve as a driver of business development at assigned major customer call points to penetrate and grow current and new business.
- Knowledge of the Life Technologies Consumables portfolio, scientific background, customer service skills are essential. Ability to work and excel in a team environment is necessary to be successful.
- Apply working knowledge of Consultative and Strategic Selling skills to maintain existing business, develop incremental business in existing accounts, and to develop new customers.
- Demonstrate use of selling skills in the field, such as creating value propositions, connecting with the customer, and asking high gain questions to uncover sales opportunities.
- Ensure that customers have a positive experience and confidence with inventory within the Supply Center by maintaining merchandising standards, branding standards, and proper inventory quantity and product mix and maintain equipment condition
- Ensure the proper mix of products in the Supply Center to match the ever changing needs of the customers that use the SC by adding and deleting products and supporting new product introductions
- Communicate key competitive activities, trends, and changing customer development plans and priorities, which includes new customers.
- Execute and assist with product shows, seminars, on-site promotions, marketing, and other on-site promotional events
- Work hand in hand with the SC Customer Service to ensure speedy resolution of customer issues.
- Attain or exceed channel growth targets.
- Provide regularly oral and written communication of successes, failures, best practices etc. to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization.
- Contact and return calls to research scientists at all accounts for sales presentations, information through telephone, e-mail or personal visits daily
- Communicate account objectives and action plans to management via Sales Reports and other communication vehicle.
- Complete assigned tasks and reports in a timely and complete manner.
- Utilize proven organizational skills to successfully manage territory sales activities.
- Maintain familiarity with Company policies and procedures and strive to present a professional image as a Company ambassador.
- Support marketing programs and programs as assigned by Sales.
- Field travel as necessary within Vancouver region to supply centre sites (approx. 4-5 days per week)
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- Must have a valid drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of related work experience and/or 2 years of related sales experience.
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
- In-depth knowledge of Molecular Biology is preferred. Knowledge of account in territory preferred.
- Experience with customer contact, teaching or public speaking helpful.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, or like programs helpful.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join