As a Field Application Scientist (FAS) for Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Transplant Diagnostics (TDX) division, the candidate will be responsible for supporting TDX’s annual initiatives and priorities through key activities that center around facilitation of field-based product demonstrations, product training, and product troubleshooting.
The candidate will be required to gain a deep understanding of, and practical familiarity with, key product lines. The FAS candidate will make routine use of this product line knowledge when working closely with TDX’s end-users and channel partners around the world. Further use of TDX product line knowledge and application will be instrumental in the development and subsequent execution of worldwide technical workshops, to drive the TDX division’s long history of providing continued education in the field of Transplantation/HLA.
- Ownership of content/program creation and facilitation of field-based product line demonstrations and trainings
- Ownership of experimental plan creation and facilitation of field-based product line troubleshooting. Collaborate with the Technical Application Specialists when troubleshooting is required as part of a Customer Inquiry.
- Own and create content/program for multi-user technical workshops as directed by leadership.
- Direct interaction with TDX’s end-users and channel partners
- Direct interaction with larger Product Support group, consisting of Product Support Specialists, Technical Application Specialists, and Field Service Engineers
- Maintain close relationship with globally-based FAS colleagues, with the intent to promote collaboration, sharing of best-practices, learning, and overall communication
- Maintain proficiency in legacy TDX product lines, software applications, equipment and keep current with advancements in the field of transplantation/HLA
- Build proficiency with new TDX product lines and software applications through self-learning, practical experience via travel to TDX headquarters, and through direct interaction with TDX R&D staff and Product Owners in advance of product commercialization
- Creation of Trip Reports at the completion of field travel to document visit outcome
- Coordinate with FAS Manager and respective Sales Consultant/Channel Partners/Regional Commercial Managers both pre- and post-travel, as needed
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of current Commercial initiatives and strategies; maintain close collaboration with TDX Commercial team to act on current initiatives and opportunities
- Act as ‘voice of the customer’ and provide product feedback to departments such as Product Support, R&D, and Marketing
- Gain familiarity with the use of TDX’s Customer Inquiry database system to log customer inquiries
- Represent the TDX business through participation at various global tradeshows that focus on the field of transplantation/HLA as requested by Marketing team.
- Assist with setup and on-going maintenance of globally-based TDX Customer Service Centers; make use of Customer Service Centers, as needed, for facilitation of end-user and/or channel partner demo, training, and workshop activities
- As needed, serve as Product Support core team member for NPI projects
- Provide feedback and direct involvement in the creation and maintenance of product documentation such as, product inserts and instructions-for-use, from the perspective of ensuring a positive customer experience
- As needed, and at the request of the TAS Managers for reagents and software, provide assistance with root-cause investigation and promotional testing
Other Job Requirements:
A Bachelor’s degree, or greater, from an accredited higher learning institution in the Biological or Chemical Sciences.
At least three (3) years of experience working in an HLA Laboratory or related HLA experience is preferable.
If no HLA experience, at least five (5) years of experience in a customer-facing role within a scientific field.
- Knowledge of:
Direct experience and knowledge of TDX’s Antibody Detection and/or Molecular Typing products is preferable.
Strong knowledge and comfort with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to:
Past demonstrated success and comfort with creation and facilitation of technical programs and curriculums to both small and large audiences.
Schedule and complete customer or channel partner visits on short notice to provide urgent product assistance.
Take complex subjects and communicate the subject clearly and effectively to an audience of differing levels of familiarity.
Effectively able to multi-task responsibilities and activities, and adapt to sudden changes in expectations and job needs.
Exercise independent discretion and judgment in execution of duties and decisions.
Effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to management, customers, and third parties.
Communicate proficiently in English, both written and verbal.(Ability to speak additional regionally-spoken languages would be an advantage, but not required.)
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join