Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services
The Life Science Business Unit within Thermo Fisher Scientific MSD division provides valuable workflow solutions for biological research. The core of our offerings are solutions for 3D volume imaging ranging from atomic resolution imaging of protein complexes for structure determination to volume acquisitions of cellular compartments for functional modelling of those subcellular structures. These workflows combine different imaging modalities across different length scales to optimize experimental yield and ease-of-use.
The Product Manager (PM) Large Volume Analysis(LVA) is responsible for the portfolio of electron microscopy solutions enabling volumetric analysis of cell- and tissue samples with nanometer resolution. The position aims at strengthening and growing Thermo Fisher Scientific MSD presence on the market globally by optimally leveraging the current portfolio of solutions while acting as a driver for next generation systems and architectures.
The Electron Microscopy business at Thermo Fisher is deeply rooted in the scientific community thanks to a long history dating back to the first commercial TEMs in the 1950s. Thanks to these connections, the PM LVA will be able to work closely with key scientists all over the world to explore both applications of volume EM in different scientific field, but also new technologies
As the LVA workflow is still maturing, the PM LVA will have a unique opportunity to shape the portfolio and market approach as well as the positioning of the portfolio within Thermo Fisher
Finally, Thermo Fisher Scientific offers a unique breadth of opportunities for growth, worldwide and over many different technologies and functions
The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry: Cryo-electron microscopy explained
How to make a Microscope
Inside the FEI Titan Transmission Electron Microscope
Key responsibilities include, but are not exclusively:
- Working in compliance with legislation and IMS
- Market requirements – Collect, consolidate, document and communicate Product Requirements to R&D. Provide feedback on new features needed in a market to the product lines. Work closely with the Product Marketing Managers to collect voice of the customer by delivering technical knowledge that is required.
- Product Development –Identify issues and drive improvement actions together with the PMMs responsible for the workflow. Develop an architecture and platform roadmap.
- Interfaces with R&D to drive and monitor execution of development projects.
- Support Strategic Planning – Consolidate the vertical marketing strategies into an overall product and platform roadmap for Large Volume Analysis in the context of the Product Management Process (PMP).
- Innovation – Create the value proposition for innovative new solutions, new product ideas and new business models. Validate those with key customers. Develop an architecture and platform roadmap.
- Plan Execution – Complete regular reviews of objectives versus plan to deliver quarterly and long term Product/Platform strategy. Review key metrics to ensure product reliability, achievement of the roadmaps and on-time product launches.
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders, act as the primary point of contact to the R&D team. Integrate the requirements from different stakeholders into release plans to ensure winning products.
This position is ideal for a candidate with experience in product (marketing) management of capital equipment in the life sciences. The successful candidate is an experienced professional who thrives in a dynamic team, can drive market development and enjoys being exposed to a constant variety of complex issues that need to be resolved.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education, experience and skills:
- University degree in a relevant scientific field (Biology, Biochemistry or medical sciences), PhD preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of imaging techniques in the academic and preclinical environment.
- Preferably knowledge of electron microscopy ideally in volume imaging by electron microscopy
- Experience in requirement gathering, consolidation and management
- Proven experience in developing business cases, establishing new business models and successfully executing complex projects
- Experience in interacting with highly technical customers and customer groups
- The ability to envision new opportunities and to drive their implementation to achieve continuous business improvement
- Excellent communication ability (both written and verbal) and influencing skills including the ability to communicate complex concepts to a variety of audiences is critical to the success in this position
- Successful candidate has a strong drive for results and an ability to work within a diverse, cross-functional and multi-cultural team across multiple sites
- Willing and able to travel internationally
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us
and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join