Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $22B and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Analytical Instruments Group - Materials & Structural Analysis Division
Our Thermo Scientific brand in the analytical instruments group offers customers in research, academic, industrial and applied markets a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software and services. In the materials and structural analysis division we design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, FTIR, NIR, NMR UV/VIS and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets. Our laboratory elemental analyzers use x-ray fluoresce (XRD), x-ray diffraction (XRD), and arc spark optical emission (EOS) techniques for precise analysis of bulk materials in the metals, cement, minerals and petrochemicals industries. Our material characterization instruments include rheometers and extruders that measure viscosity, elasticity, process ability and temperature related material changes of various materials. We also provide a range of elemental analysis instruments used in product development. Our worldwide team of 4,600 employees is dedicated to customers’ pursuit accelerating innovation and driving productivity.
Check out these video’s to get more insight in what it means to work on our complex High-Tech Transmission Electron Microscopes. These high-end tools are being produced in our cleanrooms in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
- FEI’s corporate organizationhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
- Inside the FEI Titan Transmission Electron Microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
- How to make a microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
- the installation of a Thalos at the University of Chicago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rTgRq7iD0
Position for Accounting Manager
Reporting into the Director Finance, the accounting manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with local reporting requirements for approximately 23 Thermo Fisher Scientific entities and branches in the EMEA region. These entities are managed out of the Eindhoven office. This position requires experience in accounting, tax accounting and understanding of differences in international accounting principles. In addition, knowledge of corporate income tax is preferred. The accounting manager leads seventeen employees in such areas as treasury, taxes, accounts payable and general ledger accountants.
- The timeliness and accuracy of financial information in line with the Company’s policies and applicable accounting rules including US GAAP.
- Coordinate the monthly and quarterly close process for entities managed from Eindhoven
- Responsible for the timely preparation of local statutory financial statements of Thermo Fisher Scientific entities/branches in the EMEA region
- Coordination and management of external auditors, internal auditors, tax consultants and other third party providers
- Manage timely filing of local corporate income tax returns, including such items as innovation box in The Netherlands
- Ensure SOX compliance by making sure adequate controls are in place and are working effectively
- Support the Sales & Services Divisions in responding to business requests
- Support statutory requirements (legal, governance, supervisory board, etc)
- Lead in accounting, reporting & tax projects
- Responsible for continuous improvement of the team
Key Technical skills/requirements
- Master in Economics, Business Administration or Finance and a Post-Master Accountancy degree (RA).
- At least 8 years of experience in financial accounting and reporting and active knowledge of US GAAP and preferably PCAOB requirements.
- Knowledge of and experience with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS and/or Dutch RJ
- Fluent in English both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Role Model
- Team oriented and comfortable being part of a small team
- Pro-active with ability to take initiatives
- Structured and analytical way of working
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join