When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Unity Lab Services will provide one (1) full time Site Specialist position (40) hours per week performing the following Lab Support services to support our customers at their location in Seattle, WA. This position is focused on service delivery excellence for UnityTM Lab Services. Specific activities relative to the job function could include , scientific support services, metric / data collection and processing, and material management. This position will utilize the basic functionality of systems and applications relevant to the job function, such as: Microsoft Office suite.
Daily onsite support from a dedicated full-time Site Specialist to facilitate:
Scientific Support Services
- Equipment cleaning and light maintenance.
- Lab bench and area cleaning.
- FACS buffer solutions.
- Liquid and solid waste removal.
- Support Lab Staff with any material needs/inquires
- Provides excellent customer service to lab staff and all internal and external customers.
- Manage inventory at points-of-use (POU’s).
- De-trash and stock put-away. Removal of cardboard and packaging materials.
- Point-of-Use restocking and replenishment.
- Maintain daily services of glass washing and autoclaving.
- Pickup of dirty glassware at designated locations.
- Deliver clean glassware to designated locations.
- Maintain soap inventory.
- Broken glass box setup and removal.
- Maintain and update monthly metrics.
- Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Supervisor/Manager regarding daily duties.
- Update / create Work Instructions for site processes
- The site specialist will wear PPE in laboratory environment.
- The site specialist will support lab maintenance activities in a vivarium. The candidate will not work directly with animals.
- Makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements, independently.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
- Communicates with supervisor or other assigned personnel any customer issues or potential problems.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
- Utilizes systems as required by job function.
- Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma. Associates or higher college degree in related field preferred.
- Must possess a minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- 2-3 years of progressive relevant experience required
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred
- Experience in GLP/GMP environment a plus
- Proven excellence in customer service skills
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
- Computer/software skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Detail oriented
- Strong work ethic
- The ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join