As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Field Service Engineer, Electron Microscopy
Do you want to be a part of a company known to be a fast paced global leader in serving science? Are you passionate about making a difference and providing professional service for high-tech equipment? This is an exciting opportunity to work in a global company dedicated to improving the human condition and advancing research in industry. Our systems and value-added services enable our customers to conduct cutting-edge scientific research and develop Nobel Prize winning techniques.
You will become a part of the Benelux Materials and Structural Analysis Field Service team, servicing Electron Microscopes. You enjoy being on the road and can expect to be travellingbovernight up to 30% of your time, primarily to our customer sites within the Benelux with opportunities to support colleagues within Europe from time to time.
This role suits someone who enjoys working in a high-paced environment. Your proactive approach, team spirit and eagerness to continuously develop your skills are what will ultimately drive our success. Our organization is developing and we guarantee an interesting and challenging position in an international environment with opportunity for professional and personal growth.
Your key responsibilities:
- Performing field service activities, including on-site installation, upgrades, preventive maintenance and system repairs.
- Solving a broad range of hardware and/or software problems of varying scope and complexity
- Coordinating your own work schedule with direct colleagues, service operations and management.
- Instructing customers in the use of our instruments to ensure safe and effective customer operations
- Providing proactive and responsive technical telephone and email support, ensuring that our customers are successful in the use of their instrumentation
- Producing timely and accurate reports of your activities: e.g. service reports and expense reports
- Assuring highest level of Customer Experience to achieve customer satisfaction and
- Providing sales leads to account manager
- Providing feedback to support teams for correcting system documentation and updating procedures.
Qualifications, talents and skills needed to succeed in the role:
- Typically requires a Bsc or MSc degree or equivalent qualification in mechatronics,
electronics/engineering or other applicable experience in a high-tech environment.
- Analytical trouble shooting and problem solving abilities
- IT skills, including TCP/IP networking
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and in writing. Flemish and French
language skills are preferred
- Independent, service-minded and educational in the approach towards customers
- Highly organized, on top of things and in control of administrative work, including service reports and customer queries, also when being in the field and the pace is high
- A strong team contributor, working remotely with the ability to connect with colleagues in the region
- Commercial mindset
- A natural interest in staying up to date with trends in technology and IT
- Self-starter, likes to be challenged
- Knowledge of Electron Microscopes is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Driving license required
We hope this sparked your interest and we look forward to receiving your application (cover letter and CV) in English. Please apply through our career site jobs.thermofisher.com.
For more information about the position or Thermo Fisher Scientific please contact Diana van Schijndel, Recruiter via email email@example.com.