About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Materials and Minerals (M&M)
The M&M business provides bulk handling, gauging, product inspection and elemental analytical instruments supporting a wide range of industrial end markets including, mining and food & beverage. The business includes a global footprint with employees in the US, Australia, Europe and APAC.
The Director, HR M&M is an active member of the senior leadership team and will translate business strategy into HR Strategy. This role will advance people strategies and solutions aligned with short and long term goals for the business. Working closely with business leaders, field HR, and HR COEs, the role will identify gaps and opportunities to drive winning organizational and talent strategy.
- Develops HR strategy, solutions and a strategic workforce plan that align to the business strategy and objectives.
- Contracts with Country HR Leads and the North American Regional HRD for generalist support.
- Ensures activities throughout the business unit are core, common and consistent.
- Facilitates organizational diagnosis and metrics to drive organizational effectiveness through talent and organizational capabilities and culture. Acts as a catalyst for change; guides and directs organizational design, development and change management solutions.
- Keeps abreast of industry, market and functional trends, and leverages these insights to develop appropriate divisional HR strategies and solutions.
- Evaluates work requests from across the organization and determines prioritization with in collaboration with the business and in alignment with the HR model.
- Manages HR resources and priorities, commissions HR solutions via the HR Generalist or HR Specialists or third party vendors, as appropriate, aligning to business and HR goals and leads successful implementation of initiatives.
- Helps guide platform owners in the shaping of appropriate and innovative HR solutions.
- Develops robust talent management plans to attract, retain, develop, and engage talent in critical roles.
- Maintains a knowledge of changes in HR law and important issues which could affect the business and shares knowledge with business and HR teams.
- Coaches senior leaders on complex leadership and HR issues including development and talent performance and issues which could have the potential to create a competitive advantage for the business.
- Builds organizational capability through development and/or facilitation of appropriate senior leadership team (i.e., team effectiveness, goal development and alignment, manager capability, etc.)
- Ensures fairness and organizational consistency with our 4 Is in everything we do.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, human resources, psychology, related discipline required.
- Ten to fifteen years of progressive experience in all aspects of Human Resources.
- Experience supporting multiple functions
- Experience building business teams and managing in complex leadership matrixes
- Thorough working knowledge of contemporary practices in the administration of HR policies, including (but not limited to): salary administration and performance review processes; performance management; proactive employee relations; issue investigation and resolution; recruiting
- Experience managing field-based employees strongly preferred
Additional preferred attributes:
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage short term deliverables concurrent with longer-term strategic milestones
- Executive presence; Strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to consult with and influence senior leaders
Travel: approximately 10-15% Global travel
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join