About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Join us as we take a new direction in content, modernizing the way content is created, managed, and delivered to create an exceptional customer experience for our customers. You will be building a unified content strategy for managing and publishing technical documentation for Thermo Fisher’s hardware and software products. This involves working with other groups to define information products, publication processes, and information solutions for customers. You will also work with your manager to lead implementation of and conversion to structured content and topic writing, particularly to DITA migration.
- Assess, catalog, and organize content inventory and define a content strategy to improve the structure of content, access to information, and relevancy of content to the targeted audience.
- Write scripts to convert legacy documentation to structured content using a Content Management System such as SDL.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders, such as technical publications managers, product owners, content writers and domain experts to ensure that our content assets are best in class.
- Research and evaluate new documentation tools and methods; develop and improve documentation and publication processes.
- Create a variety of user assistance for your assigned product, which may include user documentation, tutorials, videos, and embedded help in UI following user assistance development processes, templates, and standards using various tools and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
Knowledge / Experience
- Demonstrate functional knowledge of Windows and Linux or UNIX.
- Demonstrate understanding of four of the following technologies: XML, XHTML, XSL, DITA, CSS, DOM, RDBMS, CGI, PHP, REST, Java servlets, or XML schemas for user assistance types, and information and learning architecture.
- Working knowledge of content management and publishing tools and technologies.
- Knowledge of XML/DITA and structured information authoring.
- Solid project management skills, team management skills, and ability to lead documentation projects.
- Highly knowledgeable of latest industry trends and standards and best practices in information architecture .
- Demonstrated skills in some (if not all) of the following: information modelling, metadata strategy, ontology/taxonomy design, usability assessment and testing, workflow process analysis, user interface design, wireframes, and content development.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a project team and to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision and be self-motivated and able to define project milestones and to work independently to complete projects within tight schedules.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join