When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is within the Ion Chromatography & Sample Preparation business located in Sunnyvale, CA
How will you make an impact?
The role will facilitate implementation of the PPI Business System, driving PPI Business System across the business, including Operations, SG&A, and Functional support groups, to enable profitable growth, intensify the customer experience and increase employee engagement. The position collaborates with key stakeholders to lead projects and kaizen events by deploying structured problem solving to improve systems and eliminate waste. The role involves facilitating the lean fundamentals, such as visual management/5S, value stream mapping, standard work, metric boards, stand-up meetings and project funnel coordination. It also involves developing capability in these areas by training Process Managers, teams, and all employees while providing coaching through the events and training.
What will you do?
- Lead/work with functional teams to streamline processes to improve the customer experience, enable profitable growth and become more efficient.
- Diplomatically cultivate an action-biased culture of continuous improvement to improve KPIs, in the areas of customer, finance, people and quality.
- Provide support to develop problem solving capability within the organization at all levels
- Train, coach and follow-up with teams to ensure system improvements are sustained and the stakeholders are running the processes independently
- Work closely with business leadership and PPI steering committees to identify ways to accelerate the culture change necessary to support the PPI Business System.
- Provide ongoing support to multiple teams
- Help teams identify new projects through value stream mapping, data analysis and daily management systems. Coordinate the project funnel to keep an ongoing queue of projects to meet productivity goals.
- Work with the expanded team to develop/promote/standardize the PPI Business System further.
How will you get here?
- Bachelors degree in engineering, science, operations or business. MBA preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with and positively influence leadership and all levels of the organization
- A Lean Practitioner with 3+ years experience and a ‘hands-on’ track record of implementing successful TPS fundamentals including elements such as:
- Visual management/5S, value stream mapping, standard work, metric boards, stand-up meetings and project funnel coordination
- Expertise in problem-solving utilizing a formal program/process
- A holistic thinker who can look enterprise-wide to integrate and streamline systems for optimal benefit.
- Able to drive strategic thinking and continuous improvement in both non-operational and operational areas, including connecting the cross-functional resources to remove waste along the extended value streams.
- Passion for driving improvement and leading change in a complex, global environment
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching teams
- Great communicator, including solid written, oral and presentation-giving skills.
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional processes and financial business methods
- Able to travel periodically; 25%-50%
This position does not have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join