When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
What will you do?
- Primarily: UX design for desktop and web-based scientific analysis apps
- Occasionally: UX design for mobile apps
- Working with cross-functional software teams located at Thermo Fisher Scientific sites throughout the world
- At least 7 years’ experience in UX, with the emphasis on design (instead of research or usability evaluations, other)
- Good visual design skills - ability to lay out a screen in a well-organized way
- Extensive wireframing experience, created in a number of tools
- Good interactive prototyping skills - clickable prototypes with occasional advanced interactivity
- Experience with projects small and large
- Ability to manage your own project planning and deadlines
- Ability to have healthy relationships with project teams
- Ability to present before large groups (3-15 people)
- Ability to apply existing design patterns
- Be interested in doing work that benefits society - we make the world a cleaner, healthier and safer place!
- Right-brain and left-brain: both creative and analytical
- Happy to work with others in a collaborative environment
- Willing to travel occasionally (mostly US)
- 10 years’ experience or more
- Ability to evolve design patterns to something new
- Ability to create Low or high fidelity prototypes (Axure, Sketch, InVision)
- Excellent visual design skills
- A talent for helping teams narrow down requirements
- Ability to guide teams in writing good user stories
- Success in persuading project teams that investing in good design is worth it
- Experience in designing user tests
- Excellent interactive prototyping skills
- Experience in web-apps
- Excellent verbal presentation skills
- Excellent relationship skills
- A strategic / systems-thinker
- Resume / CV
- Work samples that show how your projects progress from the start to the finish - ideally including rough notes, sketches, etc.
- Please submit work samples or link to online portfolio when you apply
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join