When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As an Instrument Support Engineer, you will be part of a dedicated team within our Calibration Department to troubleshoot, perform preventative maintenance/calibration, and support validation activities on our analyzers.
How will you make an impact?
- Perform and document analyzer maintenance tasks (daily, monthly, quarterly and annual maintenance).
- Coordinate preventative maintenance (PM)and calibration activities to achieve 100% up-time of analyzers.
- Maintain stock of all parts and consumables required for maintenance of analyzers.
- Obtain service and support training on multiple analyzer platforms.
- Provide technical support to instrument user groups.
- Perform daily startup of analyzers.
- Draft PM procedures and checklists.
- Support validation activities to qualify new analyzers.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
What will you do?
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in the biotech, pharma or medical device industry providing instrument support in a Quality Control or Field Service Engineering role.
- Certification in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science is a plus.
- cGMP experience is preferred.
- Knowledgeable in different types of analyzers (e.g., LC-MS/MS, HPLC, chemistry, absorbance, enzyme immunoassay).
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical documentation.
- Good analytical skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels.
- Able to work with little supervision.
- Willing to work overtime as needed to support business needs.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join