Process Improvement/Supplier Intern
Job ID :
US - New York - Grand Island
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking a Supplier intern to work part time throughout the summer, May to August, ~40 hours a week.
- Support of process improvement and troubleshooting projects (business and/or technical processes) in the area of biologicals such as antibodies and recombinant proteins.
- Projects utilize a Lean PPI or six-sigma approach and include technical support and/or leadership.
- Technical transfer and validation of existing or custom processes/raw materials- for the global supply chain.
- Collaboration with various groups (like Quality, Procurement, Manufacturing) internally and potentially with our suppliers.
- Completion of a minimum of sophomore level course in a biological, chemical, or engineering degree program
- Must have taken laboratory courses or worked in a lab
- You must be enrolled at an accredited college or university during the internship
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).