When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Sr. Manager, Sales Development, Emerging Markets ATBU will join the EMEA commercial sales team for the CMD products primarily to support sales of the ATBU product lines within the Emerging Markets. The ATBU currently comprises of the following technologies: Ion Chromatography, Gas Chromatography, Gas Phase Mass Spectrometry, Elemental Analysis and Inorganic Mass Spectrometry. This represents approximately 40% of the total Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry business in the region. The job holder will have responsibility for ensuring that the sales channels within the Emerging Markets are educated in the current CMD products and in the strategies available to drive successful business. The role is a management role with several full time sales specialists reporting to this role. It is the job holders responsibility to ensure at and above target growth for ATBU products by optimally utilizing and managing the available resources throughout the territory. In addition the Sr. Manager Sales Development, Emerging Markets ATBU will work closely with the Regional Business Development Managers and the Sr. Manager, Sales Support, Emerging Markets to shape the strategies employed in the region and to drive the execution of these in the selected territories.
In addition, this positions will support commercial and tactical activities, including assisting the installation of any SEED or demonstration products at customer sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver bookings and revenues for the assigned product lines and territories in line with and above the organizational AOP growth targets.
- To collate and review timely and accurate forecasts for the ATBU product line for all regions of responsibility and to maintain the business pipeline within SFDC.
- Utilise the available product-focused collateral to develop a sustainable pipeline of projects within the region.
- Assist in the design and development of new marketing programs and campaigns that drive future lead generation.
- Organise and deliver customer-facing technical presentations at key conferences and tradeshows to drive customer awareness and acceptance of the products and capabilities.
- Marketing Development – Assist in the development of marketing tactics to promote products within the region.
- Co-ordinate with Product Managers, Vertical Marketing and Marcom to ensure customer-facing materials are prepared and ready for seminars/shows/conferences. Where applicable generate data and support materials for product marketing initiatives.
- Participate in Voice of the Customer (VOC) in New Product Development and Introduction (NPDI)– Create plans for effectively gathering VOC. Provide feedback to Product and Vertical Market Managers to drive product solutions that will increase market share. Assist in development of value propositions and validate with key customers. Create material, deliver training for NPIs, and execute NPI plan to satisfy strategic planning.
- Drive new product introduction processes for the region via training, seminars, key account visits and any other events which may be appropriate
- Identify, document and communicate why customers buy and how they use Thermo Fisher Scientific products to all parts of the organization. Provide feedback to the product lines on new features needed for success in specific market, QMI.
- Key Account Application Support – Maintain relationships with key customers to develop them into reference customers to further support sales in the region or globally. Assist the key customers with application development and training as needed. This includes supporting on-site SEED systems or the testing of beta instruments prior to product launch.
- Ensure development and support of CMD appointed distributors in the region. Ensure development of potential new partners and built, manage and develop the best possible distributor network. Maintain a high level of communication with all distribution channels on technical and sales related topics such as but not limited to:
- Tactical Sales Information
- New Product Features
- Competitive Analysis
- New marketing materials
- Applications Updates
- Ensure that the available ATBU resources are utilized effectively and in line with the organisations strategy within the Emerging markets territory.
Financial Performance for the product lines covered
Bookings (vs. AOP and growths vs. same period previous year)
Revenue (vs. AOP and growths vs. same period previous year)
Providing regular rolling forecast – complete, on time and accurate
Management Reports – Quarterly Management Reports
Performance against Thermo Fisher Scientific Corporate Values
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- A minimum of an BSc degree in a science based subject or equivalent is required, with 10+ years of experience Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry
- Demonstrate strong market knowledge and deep experience in the Applied Markets and analytical chemistry.
- Demonstrate extensive experience with developing solutions for target customers and working within a distribution led sales team
- Demonstrate extensive experience in assisting sales teams with prospect cultivation and have at least 5 years successful experience of selling via 3rd party distribution organisations.
- Must be customer-focused with the ability to develop collaborations with key accounts and end users.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and feel at ease communicating regularly with technical and business teams across multiple sites
- Ability to attend trade shows and investigate product/market opportunities
- Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Ability to manage deadlines in a fast paced environment and leverage external and internal resources to resolve issues and meet customer needs
- Ability to use MS Office Suite to create notes and presentations
- Ability to travel up top 50%, including international destinations when required
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.