The Application Software Group (ASG)
A part of the R&D organization is the application software group (ASG), which is committed to bringing value-adding and game changing software solutions to our customers that help them with their success. The application software group is a multi-site development organization divided over the R&D sites in Eindhoven (the Netherlands), Bordeaux (France), Hillsboro (US) and Brno (Czech).
The ASG organization in Eindhoven consists of around 50 software engineers and focusses on application software on top of high-end TEM electron microscopes.
We offer training and development opportunity to support your self-development and career goal.
- Inside the Titan Transmission Electron Microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
- Blog ASG Designer Eindhoven http://www.brainporttalentbox.com/blogs/3/iwdy98-building-software-related-applications-for-electron-microscopes-
- Blog software architect Eindhoven https://www.brainporttalentbox.com/blogs/3/gl6zc7-achieve-breakthroughs-by-electron-microscopes-
- MDE helps structuring 3 millions of lines of legacy code. https://www.brainporttalentbox.com/blogs/3/eibz8u-mde-helps-structuring-3-million-lines-of-legacy-code-
As a Software Test Engineer in R&D you participate to requirements review, impact analysis and acceptance criteria definition. You write test cases and provides continuous feedback on ongoing development work.
Most of the tests are executed on TEM microscopes (or simulators); you will learn fundamental system knowledge ( alignments, system configuration, primary trouble shooting) and need to understand application/marketing demands (including e.g. customer use cases).
Software Test Engineer also initiates improvements to safeguard product quality in future products, and is experienced in using software technology for his/her tasks (develop automatic tests, use test coverage analysis tools, etc.).
We offer a challenging technical environment in the fast growing nano technology world in high end life science, material science and semiconductor market.
Product Quality Assurance and Testing is a growing competence within FEI, offering opportunities for taking a share in competence development in our R&D department.
Specific responsibilities are:
- Review requirements and identify risks.
- Write test cases including planning estimations.
- Review integration testing and feature delivery.
- Write test specs, implement automatic test scripts, and review test specs of colleagues.
- Execute testing and write test reporting.
- Initiate and support product quality improvements.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Technical Masters or Bachelor’s degree (e.g. Software Engineering, Computer Science or Electronic Engineering, experimental Physics).
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience with testing of low volume complex multidisciplinary systems.
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification is preferred.
- Experience in microscopy is a plus.
The successful candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Hands-on approach
- Result driven attitude and good communication skills (English).
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams on High-Tech products
- Familiar in working in structured Agile/SCRUM projects
- Combination of organization and technical skills.