When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Position: Biosciences (BID) Technical Sales Specialist – Israel
- Biosciences product portfolio includes Protein and Cell Analysis, Antibodies and Immunoassays consumables and bench tops instruments
- This individual will be responsible for the sale of Biosciences product portfolio through Distributor partners in the stated geographic territory in a manner that positively reflects the Company image. Achieve sales targets, both quarterly and annually.
- To further strengthen and increase m.s. of established brands like Invitrogen, Applied Biosystems GIBCO and Thermo Scientific brands in the region, building on the technological leadership position Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Partner with local distributors to identify and develop tactics and execute in the market.
- Developing and implement plans to gain major share in Key Accounts in region.
- Creation and maintenance of an opportunity pipeline in Siebel.
- Drive sales activities to close opportunities to meet or exceed sales revenue goals and market share goals consistently.
- Demonstrate clear product/technology expertise to confidently serve as the field-based expert in Biosciences.
- Visit all customer levels and functional areas, using workflow solution selling techniques within assigned territory to influence purchasing decisions.
- Identifies, nurtures and focuses on key accounts and key opinion leaders to drive innovation and the latest technology solutions into the market
- Engage with our distribution channel partners to train on the portfolio, generate leads and close opportunities.
- Demonstrate use of advanced selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, asking high gain questions, creating the value proposition and closing.
- Develop presentations and customer proposals including structuring appropriate pricing and contract milestones.
- Identifies competitor activities and develops tactical activities.
- Participates in process and operation improvement opportunities
- Responds efficiently to internal and external inquiries
- High level of proficiency in technical selling skills and product knowledge (Biosciences) within the Life sciences industry.
- Excellent professional selling, negotiation and communication skills.
- Effective project management skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to interact with LSG colleagues and distributors at all levels.
- Willing to travel in the assigned territory and occasionally in Europe or in USA.
- Full valid driver licence desirable.
- Fluent English speaking language skills are required for this role.
- Will hold an academic degree (B.Tech/MSc/MS) or has equivalent level of experience in Biosciences. A PhD is considered desirable.
- Professional management qualification (PGDBM/MBA) will be an added advantage.
- Broad experience (3-5 years) in technical sales function, and proven track record in Life Sciences or closely related business.
- Research/Bench experience in the field of Biosciences will be desirable
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
For more information, please visit: www.thermofisher.com