When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Technical Sales Specialist, Flow Cytometry, Imaging and Molecular Biology
North Africa, Morocco
Job Title: Technical Sales Specialist, Flow Cytometry, Imaging and Molecular Biology
Location: North Africa, Morocco preferred
Territory: North Africa, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia
Language: French and English-speaking essential
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Do you want to be a part of a company known to be a fast-paced global leader in serving science? If you have a strong science background with Flow Cytometry and Imaging expertise combined with commercial experience or talent, and you wish to use these skills in a challenging customer facing role then this could be the right opportunity for you.
We are looking for our new Technical Sales Specialist within Flow Cytometry and Imaging for our Life Science Solutions Group/Biosciences Division. You will become an important part of a strong commercial team working together to help our customers make the world a better place. At Thermo Fisher, what you will do will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Promote Flow Cytometry, Imaging and Molecular portfolio for both capital equipment and consumables within territory
- Achieve or exceed sales quota and objectives, while maintaining profitability and ensuring 100% customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate strong product/technology expertise to confidently serve as the field- based expert in Flow Cytometry, Imaging and Molecular Biology
- Develop and execute strategic account plans, employing multi-level selling to sell top-down and bottom-up, and drive penetration of the assigned product portfolio.
- Play an active role within the European Sales team – share leads, develop opportunities, contribute to team spirit, teamwork and improve account penetration
- Maintain close relationships with existing customers to promote new products, close deals and grow sales
- Organize and conduct technical seminars for customers
- Provide sales forecasts, reports and overviews of work to leadership
- Attend sales meetings and training sessions, consequently implementing new skills gained
- Evaluate, attend and support local trade shows and conferences
Requires a minimum Master’s Degree in Cell Biology, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and industry/functional experience
- Strong technical skills and experience in Flow Cytometry & Imaging is essential. Technical skills and experience in Molecular Biology is preferred
- Must have knowledge of key accounts in assigned territory
- Ability to navigate accounts in broad geography effectively and advance the capital equipment sales process consistently
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals
- Demonstrated ability to respond to common enquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the scientific community
- Demonstrated ability to write publications and reports that conform to prescribed style and format
- Must be proficient in using MS office, and experience in using a contact information management system (Siebel and Cognos is a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Result oriented with high energy and initiative
- Process oriented with attention to details
- Teamwork oriented with collaborative style
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively within the region
- Clean, valid driver’s license and valid passport is essential
- Fluent in French and English
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.