When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Follow Buyer/Planner schedule to meet customer shipping commitments
- Plan and execute dynamic shipping schedule of quantity and model mix of customer orders
- Perform final configuration of customer orders, including:
- Pulling software and potentially working with other resources to coordinate timely the loading customer computers
- Assembly of line items on customer orders
- Coordinate with other departments for orders that have requirements spanning over multiple departments
- Ability to use MRP (SAP) system to make inventory transfers and transactions
- Identify orders that do not have correct configurations and escalate or make recommendations to Buyer/Planner to make correct changes
- Assess processes, fixtures, and documentation to make constructive recommendations to improve them
- Maintenance of manufacturing process/product Controls which include, machine maintenance, assembly documentation, statistical process control, and quality measure data
- Cross-train in at least two interdepartmental processes
- Support and Backup other department Order Material Handler
- Support the creations and updates of functional procedures as necessary
- Ability to occasionally perform assembly work on production lines.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Physical activities: Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, repetitive motions, crawling and reading. Level of physical requirements: Medium Work. May require exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 25 pounds of force frequently and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Level of visual acuity: Inspection and close assembly. Working conditions: Activities occur inside, heating and air conditioning, low dust level, low noise level Equipment/Tools: Personal computer, hand tools.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
Proven interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills Proven organizational skills Proven attention to detail and follow up skills Proven decision making and problem solving skills Ability to work independently and prioritize work schedule Ability to work in a team based environment Proficient with assembly equipment/processes used in department Ability to build and perform process instruction for all released assemblies without assistance Proven understanding of the Manufacturing Work Order and Inventory Control systems Demonstrated knowledge of computers and basic SAP skills Some mechanical aptitude required
High School Diploma or equivalent Minimum 3 to 5 in a comparable warehouse/shipping/receiving environment. At least one year of manufacturing experience beneficial.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.