Account Manager, Clinical
Job ID :
US - Kansas - Lenexa|US - Kansas - Remote / Field
- Manual Microbiology products including media, reagents, stains, and other consumables
- Sensititre Automation and related consumables
- VersaTREK Automation and related consumables
- WASP, WASPLab and related consumables
- Responsible for developing strong major account relationships at all levels of management for the purpose of growing sales of MBD product lines in the assigned territory. Develops and coordinates sales presentations and manages account development.
- Develops a territory business plan as well as a key account strategy for each major account assigned; monitors and reports progress regularly. Monitors business progress and advises MBD management of results. Takes corrective action when needed to ensure that goals are met.
- Implements and successfully utilizes the Consultative sales strategy consistent with the organization’s long term sales and profit objectives.
- Negotiate pricing and contract terms with customers. Acts upon final approval from the Regional Business Manager, Marketing and Finance. Provides the primary interface between the company and clinical accounts.
- Coordinates with internal departments and authorized MBD Distributor partners to develop and implement timely contract launches and renewals.
- Identifies product gaps and long-term business opportunities.
- Facilitates the management of key business relationships and negotiates potential business opportunities for the company which is consistent with the long-term clinical account strategy.
- Report on competitive activities and/or products to the Regional Business Manager and/or Marketing.
- Works with Marketing, Sales and Operations in developing the most effective distribution, inventory system and procedures to service clinical accounts.
- Work closely with Distribution partners in developing joint targets within clinical accounts where appropriate.
- Attend sales meetings, conventions and training programs as required by the Regional Business Manager or Marketing.
- Accountable for maintaining CRM as well as monthly reporting and forecasting in an accurate and timely manner.
- Constantly strive to improve selling skills, product knowledge, knowledge of competition, and how Thermo Fisher Microbiology solutions best fit the customer needs.
- Conduct one’s self as a professional representative of Microbiology Division, remembering that your conduct and appearance will be judged by our customers and the general public and that in many cases this will be primary only contact with the company.
- Possess BS or BA degree in Medical Technology, Microbiology, Life Science or Business major or equivalent experience.
- 3-5+ years of sales experience in a relevant industry
- Microbiology knowledge and/or knowledge of clinical laboratory operations preferred
- Proven track record of success
- Works independently and in a self directed manner
- Ability to gain consensus and work as part of a team; brings all resources together to successfully develop new business and maintain existing business
- Experience using CRM desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required
- Strong presentation skills required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary
- Travel throughout assigned territory as necessary