When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Scientist I position in Cell Biology R&D team responsible for supporting the development of 3D culture technologies within Thermo Fisher Scientific cell biology portfolio. The individual will be expected to support cross-functional development teams as well as conduct scientific research under supervision within a biological laboratory environment.
- Receives detailed instruction on new assignments and performs experimental and routine tasks under the supervision of project lead.
- Works on problems where analysis of situation or data requires a review of multiple identifiable factors.
- Comply with all company safety regulations and procedures.
- Suggest improvements in safety and productivity based on the solid technical understanding of expected R&D outcomes.
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
- The position may require non-standard working hours (evenings and weekends) due to the unpredictable nature of tissue availability as well as for maintenance of cell culture experiments based on projects assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with min. of 2 years’ experience; industry experience preferred
- Background in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or other closely related disciplines
- Experience in mammalian cell and/or stem cell culture
- Experience in basic molecular biology
- Experience or knowledge of 3D organoid and spheroid cultures
- Ability to work flexible 40hr schedule
- Nights and weekends as required on moment’s notice following human tissue arrival or based on project requirements
- Works in an office and laboratory environment.
- Must be comfortable working with bio-hazardous materials (human and animal tissue, plasma, urine, blood, feces, etc.) and chemicals have given proper safety equipment.
- Regular 40hr work week with non-standard night and weekend work based on a project assigned.