developing, executing, and driving key internal, and external global communication programs that reflect the cohesive voice of the Specialty Diagnostics Group in partnership with Thermo Fisher Scientific Corporate Communications. This role will based in Waltham, MA and reports to the Vice President of Human Resources - SDG, and acts as an individual contributor.
How Will You Make an Impact?
The impact you will make on an internal basis will include creation of strategies, and activities that will help translate overall goals to employees, create strong manager communication capabilities, and drive engagement to connect employees to their roles, SDG broadly, and Thermo Fisher Scientific overall. Your impact will be supported through strong partnerships with the business segments, and Human Resources Leadership, to carry out change management initiatives, and communication deliverables. Finally, your role will have an impact on leadership communications including content, and mechanisms for sharing stories, about the business to drive a cohesive culture.
The impact you will have on an external basis, will include public relations initiatives for SDG, evaluation of earned media opportunities, and managing external vendors, and agencies. The impact you make will be supported through strong relationships with the marketing organization to coordinate activities at trade shows, customer events, and other customer related activities. You will also partner, and interface with corporate communications, on crisis communication actions, and other external facing communications.
What Will You Do?
- Create strategies to drive employee engagement, in partnership with Human Resources, and individual business leaders.
- Provide executive communications support for SDG leadership (i.e. writing leadership scripts and tailored content as needed).
- Liaison with communication team members across the company, providing a connection to related to the businesses supported.
- Be a critical driver of inspirational story generation, and dissemination throughout the business, to inspire, and engage employees in the future of the organization, the promise of SDG products, and their impact on customers, and society.
- Develop Public Relations strategy & determine budget for the supported businesses, and leverage content within the internal communication mechanisms.
- Manage external vendor relations, including public relations agency, and video production, for supported businesses, and utilize performance metrics.
- Create content for town hall presentations, manager communication decks, intranet, blogs, podcasts, videos and digests.
- Act as an employee communications liaison to assess targeted needs, and facilitate understanding of specific stakeholder groups, as it relates to program, and project roll-outs, and change-management efforts.
- Understand, and implement best practices for review of content, to meet branding and publishing in local languages.
- Have a minimum of 10-15 years of progressive experience within dynamic, large corporate companies, overseeing employee communications, with an emphasis on change management, PR and employee engagement initiatives.
- Have an undergraduate degree in communications, journalism, or similar discipline; advanced degree preferred.
- Have the ability to travel internationally, and domestically, as needed.