About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Software Quality Assurance Manager provides and manages a holistic testing strategy for SaaS based products and solutions. The role required general supervision and technical guidance to the software testing staff in the analysis, design, testing, and deployment of all products. The Software Quality Assurance Manager assures that all products are defect free and compliant with technical specifications.
- Supervises Software Quality Assurance Team.
- Prepares and delivers staff performance evaluations and career development activities.
- Manages department and overall expectations pertaining to setting accurate schedules and resources.
- Ensures delivery against SQA department goals and objectives.
- Develops and manages quality assurance metrics for continuous performance improvement.
- Collaborates with product management, engineering and documentation teams to ensure traceability through the product development and testing process.
- Manages the planning and execution of product testing efforts, including all associated resources to meet committed delivery dates.
- Provides effective communication regarding issues, objectives, initiatives and performance to plan.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement, recommending methods and procedures to streamline the SQA process.
- Manages and responds to Software Quality Assurance issues with related groups such as Engineering, Applications and Customer Success.
- Anticipates potential challenges with product release and takes corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve commitments.
- Maintains awareness of industry best practices and implements where appropriate.
- BS/BA degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline, or comparable education and experience.
- 7+ years of software quality assurance experience
- 1+ years in a lead role or management position.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with implementation and administration of Software Quality Assurance metrics, such as defect profiles and performance to entry/exit criteria.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication and project management skills a must.
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner.
- Strong understanding of Agile software development and contemporary software quality assurance processes and automated tools.
- Direct experience implementing automated testing strategies.
- Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
- Must have experience in managing and working with distributed team members.
- Knowledge of internet and e-business processes, disciplines and standards.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication.
- Experience in life sciences.
- Experience testing and delivering software in a regulated environment (FDA, GxP, HIPAA) supporting a product qualification process.
- Experience with LIMS, ELN or related products in a life sciences context.
- Experience with software and systems performance testing.
- Experience testing SaaS/PaaS based products.
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium, Katalon. HPE Unified Functional Testing, Test Complete
- Experience with test management solutions (e.g., QASymphony qTest).
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).