Senior Manager, Demand & Supply Chain
This role is located at our Greenville, North Carolina location. Relocation assistance has been approved for the successful candidate.
- Develop and maintain agreed upon Customer Service Levels in partnership with Business Management.
- Manage the order fulfillment cycle, from customer forecasts to delivery to customers.
- Develop, optimize and execute inventory strategies based on demand plans.
- Steer the capacity loading of the plant in a cost effective way which contributes to smooth order fulfillment processes, by proactively anticipating bottlenecks and by developing capacity (equipment and labor) and stock plans.
- Analyze and highlight capacity conflicts and work with key stakeholders to address conflicts. Escalate conflicts which cannot be resolved.
- Develop and ensure that KPI’s for demand supply chain performance are met in a cost effective way.
- Secure responsiveness to customers and ensure communication to M&S in cases of services outside the standard contract, in order to capture the value of these additional services.
- Collaborate with customers and suppliers to address new product opportunities and to optimize supply chain activities through supplier integration tools
- Use six sigma, lean, and DSC best practices to drive continuous improvement both within the DSC department
- Implement training requirements necessary to bring the DSC organization to a professional level that is adequate to meet customer needs.
- Manage customer / supplier demand supply chain interfaces
- Develop and execute integrated Sales and Operations Plan. Organize and chair monthly S&OP Meetings. Track, analyze and make projections with demand from customers, from M&S, and historical. Monitor the progress of actions agreed by the organization to meet future demand
- Implement and maintain continuous improvement projects using Six Sigma, Lean and supply chain best practices for process both within and outside of the supply chain function. Provide input for planning support functions such as lab, QA, EM and other functions. Implement and maintain advanced planning solutions to provide integrated plans for all significant activities and functional needed for batch order fulfillment
- Develop, implement, and maintain demand and capacity (labor and equipment) models. Use these models to provide guidance to M&S on areas to focus on for new business and to do (long term) scenario planning. Pro-actively balance supply and demand by highlighting capacity and other constraints well in advance and propose cost effective solutions
- Set inventory strategy and stock (OWC) targets. Manage inventory (OWC) to targeted levels. Perform performance analysis on inventory planning based on defined KPI and targets. Analyse and optimize inventories to reduce OWC without impacting customer service levels. Optimize planning cycle times and MRP processes to reduce inventories. Monitor and address obsolete and rejected inventories. Chair the Inventory Review Board meeting and follow up on actions and owners. Ensure compensation for increased inventory levels resulting from customer forecast reduction
- Formalize the S&OP scenario as outcome of the S&OP meeting. Communicate the agreed upon S&OP to all involved in executing the plan. Execute Sales & Operations Plan (supply and inventory plan) and set operational plans based on the output from the S&OP meetings. Participate in OTOS meetings for Manufacturing and Packaging. Insure that manufacturing and packaging schedules are accurate
- Implement and maintain systems to monitor and update planning and scheduling master data to assure it is accurate and up to date for planning purposes. Implement and maintain systems to monitor schedule adherence in order to plan capacity blocks and to improve schedule adherence
- Implement and maintain planning processes adequate to address the different needs of manufacturing, finance and customers (methods to address the need for risk adjusted plans and aggressive manufacturing plans)
- Represent the demand supply chain function in customer meetings related to capacity, supply chain integration, new products, and improvement opportunities. Where possible work with customers to optimize capacity. Work with M&S to bill customers for services performed by the function which are outside of the contractual scope of work. Participate in evaluating new customer opportunities. Obtain agreed upon Customer Service Levels. Execute risk assessments and address the risks, to ensure the delivery performance required, based on the customer segmentation
- Implement, and maintain improvement projects with key customers. This includes customer data integration and advanced planning models
- Implement and maintain KPI’s for the performance of the department and demand supply chain function
- Manage the DSC planning team for the respective business (Steriles or OSD). Mentor and develop staff to the skill-set required to meet customer needs and expectations
- Participate in Operational Performance Team meetings
BS/BA Degree in related field
8 years of experience in Demand Supply Chain, Materials Management, Logistics, Industrial Technology, or related field. 2+ years of leadership experience.
Continuous improvement training / certification (Six Sigma, lean, Total Productive Maintenance, etc); Six Sigma black belt certification or equivalent preferred.
APICS (CIPM and/or CSCP) certification or equivalent preferred.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
- Understanding and training on of SAP ERP systems (particularly Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, Demand Planning, and Inventory Management and Production Scheduling modules)
- Understanding of advanced planning solutions like APO or OM Partners.
- Training on SAP Business Warehouse
- Experience working in or with manufacturing processes in multi-disciplinary environments
- Experience with SAP ERP systems and advanced planning tools.
- Experience managing and supervising others
- Experience leading S&OP process and meetings