A Material Handler receives, stores, picks, retrieves, stages and delivers raw materials and W.I.P. used in production. The incumbent must be trained and can perform in the following processes:
- Middletown Scrap process
- Cycle counting (location specific)
- Receiving process (location specific)
- Good understanding of the various systems used in Inventory Control (SAP, DR, etc.).
- Receive, verifies and stores inbound deliveries.
- Storage and handling of incoming raw materials and released materials in accordance with established warehouse procedures.
- Picking orders for shipments and production.
- Packs products for shipments.
- Delivers staged material to specified production areas.
- Verifies quantities and transfer released finish goods to Distribution.
- Maintains proper storage of hazardous waste kept in the Hazard Room.
- Operates mechanical equipment (tow motor, walking riders) in a safe manner in accordance with company and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains equipment and storage areas as prescribed in a neat and clean manner to meet housekeeping standards.
- Complies with all corporate and government guidelines (SOP, GMP, Procedures, etc.)
- Performs all duties in a safe manner and complies with all corporate and government safety guidelines.
- Prepare Domestic, Import and Export shipments- includes paperwork preparation and communication with freight forwarders
- Storage and handling of Retains
- Maintain packaging supplies and pallet inventories
- Coordinate Courier shipments using established Fed-Ex and UPS systems
- Performs miscellaneous duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Previous experience in pick/pack/ship and tow motor operations is required. Previous tow motor certification is required.
- Data entry skills
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Employee to employ traditional lifting techniques for materials up to 75 lbs. Items over 75 lbs will require the employee to use non-traditional techniques including, push-pull method, automated lifts and other equipment or additional techniques. Employee will be trained in these techniques upon employment. Employees already in position will require one time training.
- Physical Requirements: Exposure to hazardous materials requires knowledge of proper protection, handling and storage techniques.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Good math skills for verifying receipts and maintaining accurate inventory.
- Safely operate and maintain material movement equipment.
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $20B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.