The Senior Technology Transfer Project Manager is part of the Business Management Department and responsible for the effective and efficient management of client-related projects in order to maximize client service and satisfaction in the overall best interest of Patheon.
The Senior Technology Transfer Project Manager is technically proficient with respect to client and business requirements and responsible for the dissemination and the successful completion of client requirements. This responsibilities include: optimizing production process (as opposed to just production costs), evaluating technical costs of assigned projects, and determining methods and procedures on new assignments which may include the coordination of activities of other employees
In addition the Senior Technology Transfer Project Manager actively leads the client negotiation process for (new) products / projects in the areas of technology transfer portion (including validation for commercial production)
The scope of the position covers three major areas:
- Technical Excellence
- Client Experience and Relationship Management
- New Business Development:
- Technology Transfer:
Assign and coordinate the tasks related to the introduction of new processes/projects within the site.
Generate key documentation including the Technology Transfer Checklist, Gap Analysis that includes process design, Technology Transfer Master Plan/Scope, Technology Transfer Report, Project Timeline and Action Item lists.
- Project Management:
- Optimization of the Production Process:
- Risk Management:
- PDS Relationship Management:
- Internal Support and Client Relations:
- All company functions
- Potential clients
- Existing key clients until the time of the production transfer from the client to Patheon
- GMP and Health & Safety:
- Evaluation of the Technical Costs:
Support the Commercial Quotes Group with the evaluation of the technical costs of the new job orders, providing the material technical details, production schedule, processes, and supply costs, aligning with the interests of the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific/pharmaceutical area or in engineering. Master’s Degree or equivalent in one of these areas is preferred
- 5-10 years of previous experience in Engineering/Production/QA/QC or development of pharmaceutical products. PMP certification is an asset, as is client service/ project management experience
- Strong technical skills in pharmaceutical techniques and pharmaceutical production
- Excellent Client service/ Project Management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in the English language
- Advanced Negotiation & Communication skills
- Commercial business orientation / financial acumen
- Excellent organizational and Project Management experience and skills,
- Strong analytical abilities with detail orientation
- Strong Ability to work and to guide a team as well as independently