Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $22B and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, our company enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) in the newly-formed Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
Check out these video’s
Our mission is to enhance TFS’s long-term profitability and sustainable growth. We reinforce and support our company’s competitive advantages and goals by securing all purchasing activities, all in a transparent way that is aligned with our business strategies. We work together to make our world healthier, cleaner and safer.
As a procurement specialist you are part of an enthusiastic team consisting of six persons. You are responsible for the operational purchasing process (procure to pay) with emphasis on placing orders and/or call offs at the supplier. At the same time you safeguard lead times and agreed commitments but also process continuity, this next to daily communication with your suppliers. You are creative, persistent, takes initiative, and has an eye for detail. The procurement specialist reports directly to the Supervisor Logistics.
Primary activities contain:
- Plan and maintain stock levels
- Maintaining supply chain performance data
- Control of planned order advices en converting them in to actual orders
- Monitor and communicate about lead times
- Maintain Logistics master data settings
- Take care of timely "reverse" Logistics
- Support and improve current purchasing processes
Qualifications and personal skills
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education, experience and personal skills:
- Vocational education (MBO+) or Bachelor degree in transportation, supply chain or logistics.
- An additional degree in APCS or NEVI I is preferred
- Typically requires 3-5 years of experience in similar position
- Open minded, hands-on, analytical, eye for detail and results driven
- Strong knowledge of IT systems (ERP, excel, access)
- Familiarity with international rules and regulations
- Good communication skills as this position works with cross functional teams and external vendors alike
- Able to work as a team player