Job Title: Proficiency Testing Assembly Specialist
This role is responsible for the coordination, assembly and shipment of proficiency testing (PT) products. This requires coordination and communication with key internal and external stakeholders. Success will be measured by accurate and on time delivery.
- Partner with PT coordinators to map annual plan for PT mailings, once schedule is received from PT customer(s).
- Prepare the shipping schedule and ensures inventory on hand for all necessary shipping and courier supplies.
- Prepare and print required customer documents and provides invoice information for order entry.
- Collect, print and review all PT shipment materials (e.g. labels, questionnaires, etc.)
- Assist in assignment of daily tasks to distribution personnel as it relates to PT assembly and shipments.
- Utilize MRP Systems as necessary and ensures accurate inventory is available in the department.
- Stay up-to-date on products, item numbers and temperature requirements to ensure storage accuracy.
- Conduct complaint/error investigations to provide root cause analysis.
- Review and inventory Retention Samples upon completion of the mailing, and hold for one year past the mailing date
- Report any actual or potential safety hazards to the Supervisor, Human Resources, Safety Specialist or Senior Management.
- Manipulate Fulfillment Files
- Complete all required shipping documentation including: Air Way Bills (AWB); Dangerous Goods (DG) Certification; international shipping labels, and Commercial Invoices.
- Create/Prepare cartons for packaging
- Kit necessary specimens/modules/surveys/diluents/components
- Package survey components/kits/documentation
- Communications with shipping carriers and/or freight forwarders and ensures shipments are scheduled and picked up as required.
- Generate report containing tracking information for each mailing
- Complete all replacement and additional material requests
- Ability to complete Global Trade Compliance training
- Effectively communicate and partner with PT Organizations
In addition, other duties may be assigned as the business need warrants.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Ability to navigate and understand basic computer programs, to include Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency to input and retrieve information from SAP
- Possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills and be detail oriented
- Highly organized with ability to plan projects and direct others
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally
- Ability to interact with other departments and act with timeliness and accuracy of discrepancies with minimal supervision.
- Arrive to work on time and work during scheduled work hours, working overtime as needed.
- Possess warehouse experience preferred
- Heavy lifting (up to 63 pounds), walk and standing with frequent squatting, stooping, kneeling, bending and twisting at waist with occasional climbing on footstool
Ability to learn and operate Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT) safely.