Title: HR Director, Life Science Solutions Group (LSG) Operations
Reports to: Director HR LSG Global Operations
This position partners with the, VP of CSD Manufacturing Operations, VP of EHS & Sustainability, Sr. Director of PPI and the Director of Business Operations for the Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) Operations team to build people and organizational capabilities enabling business results. A successful candidate will develop organization and talent strategies, and lead change management initiatives needed to enable those strategies.
- Aligns global business strategies with HR strategies and initiatives, diagnose business challenges, explore alternative solutions and recommend best-fit solutions. Drives alignment of HR processes with the goals of the LSG Operations organization.
- Partners with leaders to identify human capital needs and opportunities; develops programs, tools, and techniques to meet those needs and to strengthen organizational performance. Participates in business leadership meetings to identify HR implications relative to business strategy.
- Leads and conducts performance analyses to determine individual and organizational gaps. Analyzes a broad spectrum of data, and identifies trends. Develops targeted interventions and development strategies to address gaps.
- Manages the rollout of Corporate and Operations programs, policies, and initiatives, and works with HR Generalist team (both Corporate and Field) to ensure consistent implementation and application of programs.
- Analyzes employee/operational data (turnover, staffing, talent management, employee survey, compensation-related, etc.) to proactively identify areas of concern. Works with managers to address issues. Creates workforce plans to identify and address the talent acquisition, development, and retention objectives (e.g. diversity).
- Coaches managers on assessing and developing talent, and recommends actions to build organizational bench strength for management positions. Acts as a resource to employees and managers on career development. Manages multiple employee processes including talent review, performance review and calibration processes.
- Designs and develops operating models, structures, mechanisms, and workforce plans that drive the manufacturing, PPI and EHS strategies for LSG Operations during a time of significant integration.
- Influences the global/regional footprint for the manufacturing networks and EHS and develop optimal workforce model (e.g. headcount targets, spans, layers, total cost of workforce).
- Participates in activities such mergers and acquisitions, integrations, restructurings, etc. Assesses the organization's current state and readiness for change. Collaborates with managers to conduct risk analyses; makes recommendations, communicates plans and expectations, and implements necessary changes.
- Ensure compliance with all labor and employment laws.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Travel may be required.
Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or other related discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience required. Masters degree or advanced education, training, and/or certification preferred.
A minimum of 12 years relevant professional level Human Resources experience.
Successful candidate will possess: Learning orientation
- Experience as a strategic business partner with credibility as a trusted advisor and confidant to senior management on business issues and business strategy with the ability to link human resources as a driver and influencer of business performance.
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands on exposure to the full mix of HR functions in a global environment.
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and initiatives have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
- Must have led/been directly involved in significant change management initiatives in prior roles.
- Strong communication and change management skills required
- Ability to build strong relationships both vertically and horizontally
- Experience working across a complex, highly matrixed environment
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of, and hands on exposure to, the full mix of HR functions in a global environment. This includes HR functions within and outside of the US, employee and labor relations, compensation, organizational effectiveness and talent management.
- Experience with Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join