Electronics obsolescence and component management team is a group of experienced professionals providing unique service across the global Materials and Structural Analysis Division. Our mission is to cooperate with R&D and PLM departments to strategically predict situation of global electronic parts portfolio and its impact on company products in development, production or service support phases of their life. We secure sufficient and appropriate pool of parts and resolve issues originating from limited or no market availability of a component.
As a result of current activities and portfolio extension we are looking for reinforcement of the team – part-time worker / student to contribute to our activities. Your role will be:
- Work closely with senior electronics component engineers to support ongoing projects and operations and provide technical assistance to the team.
- Work with electronics component databases (containing low level PCB parts including resistors, capacitors, transistors or integrated circuits) to assess new component requests and identify proper replacements to reported obsolescence issues.
- Coordination of testing identified replacements with operations engineers.
- Coordination of related technical documentation updates.
- Search online for items data(sheets), parameters and availability.
- Working hours will be set up based on agreement reasonable for both sides.