Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Responsible for managing all aspects of facility maintenance, including preventative maintenance programs on conveyors and equipment.
- Responsible for performing building general maintenance throughout the facility.
- Responsible for building security, safety, reviewing facilities to maintain compliance to government regulations and OSHA requirements.
- Recommends and develops ideas for improvement in operating methods and procedures.
- Oversees building and grounds maintenance including collecting and negotiating bids for facility projects, coordinating projects to fit the business needs and oversees the quality of work performed by external contractor/vendor services.
- Maintains safety standards and training in the department; ensures that the building is maintained in a clean and safe manner which includes performing monthly operational/safety inspections.
- Serves as a liaison with corporate engineering, local fire and police and other town officials as needed.
- Establishes and oversees Lock Out/Tag Out programs, Hot Work permits, confined space entry programs, facility emergency response plans and other required safety programs.
- Issues and maintains security access cards and keys to the appropriate levels of employees for the facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree, Supply Chain, or a related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive supervisory experience required in a distribution environment with extensive knowledge of conveyor systems, electrical test equipment, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, scan optics, pneumatics, fire sprinkler systems, OSHA regulations and regulatory/DOT.
- Certification in workplace hazardous materials and hazardous waste management preferred.
- Must possess the leadership and supervisory skills be able to lead, coach and motivate employees along with excellent interpersonal skills to relate to employees, peers, various levels of management.
- Self motivated with strong written, communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Computer literate be able to utilize Microsoft Outlook and Word. Must have exposure to a WMS (Warehouse Management System).
- Leader should have or be willing to obtain a forklift certification and have prior experience operating a powered industrial truck, preferably cherry picker and stand-up forklifts.
- Must be able to lift, carry, pull, and push up to 40 - 70 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally with or without accommodation.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Flexibility and open to re-location within the U.S. distribution network.
- Role model leader with ability to lead with the Thermo Fisher values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
This position (has/has not) been approved for Relocation Assistance.