About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Responsible for managing third party proteomics software. This includes leading development of the current third-party nodes for Proteome Discoverer as well as identification of new algorithms, management of OEM/VAR software packages, and investigation of approaches that are critical for new proteomics customer workflows.
The successful candidate will perform the following job functions:
- Work with the Proteome Discoverer product management and proteomics vertical marketing to define market needs for new algorithms; contribute to new product development teams and coordinate with external strategic partners to maintain a competitive product offering.
- Manage internal and external customer panels and accurately capture and translate voice of customer (VOC) for Product Development.
- Evaluate and validate new software algorithms from research to product implementation, providing validation and acceptance criteria.
- Present new approaches for data analysis at scientific conferences. Represents the product in presentations, publications, and customer labs worldwide.
- Drive product development with all cross-functional stakeholders in accordance with strategic and product line business plans; ensure interdependencies and strategic marketing requirements are met.
- Responsible for the project business plan and Marketing requirements documentation.
- Drives the new product introduction (NPI) and value-added reseller (VAR) processes for third party algorithms and software.
- Stays abreast of market trends regarding software and integrates them into software approach as appropriate (user interface, software deployment, Microsoft standards, etc.)
- Keep the software fresh and innovative as best serves usability
- Defines and updates LSMS software look and feel in conjunction with input from Strategic and Product Marketing colleagues.
- Defines Demo Chemist training agenda and conducts worldwide Field Application, Institute trainers training on the operation of new software capabilities.
- Manages beta-testing program.
- Works with outbound marketing to develop sales tools, i.e., presentations, seminars, data sheets, brochures, application notes, complete workflow or total solution descriptions, demo CDs, technical documentation and competitive analyses to assist sales force.
- Drives resolution of customer satisfaction issues.
- Generate and maintain quantitative analysis of market segmentation, size, growth, and competitive market share
- Creates the product line business plan with relevant stakeholders such as R&D (hardware and software), Strategic Marketing (VOC), Manufacturing, and Product Support (PSE). Plan includes positioning, growth opportunities, product life cycle, product line roadmaps, competitive landscape, forecast, etc.
Other Job Requirements:
Participation on Practical Process Improvement teams.
Some possible as part of a matrix team.
Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry or other related discipline. Advanced degrees, science or marketing is highly desirable.
- 5+ years experience and demonstrated expertise in data analysis of complex chromatography/mass spectrometry proteomics data
- 2-5 years experience in sales/marketing of scientific instrumentation; prior product line management experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build and present a strong business case
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Advanced Microsoft® Excel, Power Point and Word skills preferable