Italian Speaking Cash Allocation Representative
6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Position objective and job scope:
• The role involves the day to day recording of cash receipts and to be responsible for the cash application onto
the correct account/invoice.
• The position requires being able to adapt to a rotation system when other cash allocators are on holidays.
• Taking part in month end activities such
as account reconciliation, month end close and month end reporting is also expected.
• Daily review cash received.
• Recording Bank Receipts – ensuring remittances obtained proactively from the customer where necessary
• Ensuring sufficient documentation maintained to trace transactions and maintain reconciliation. Maintain
• Recording Debtors suspense movements. Ensuring sufficient documentation maintained to trace transactions
and maintain reconciliation. Maintain reconciliation.
• Ensuring the allocation of Debtors suspense amounts against customers or to appropriate G/L area, proactively
contact customers regarding unresolved cash items.
• Recording Cheque receipts, lodging cheques with bank, follow through to receipt in account.
• Chase up any outstanding lodgements. Contact customers to encourage and facilitate move to electronic
• Recording Draft receipts and
subsequent processing. Ensuring sufficient documentation maintained to trace transactions and maintain
reconciliation. Maintain reconciliation.
• Review and allocate Unallocated Cash amounts on a regular basis.
• Cover other cash application work during holidays / absences as far as possible.
• Ensure the performance of tasks is carried out in line with company policies, internal controls and Sarbanes-
• Assist with the companies E-Bill process
• Assist in additional duties where needed such as projects.
• May assist in the training of new employees joining the ITC Dept.
• Various ad hoc responsibilities as assigned by Team Leader / Manager.
• Any other related tasks / duties as may be allocated from time to time.
• This position interacts with various levels of personnel both inside and outside the company. That interaction
requires good communication skills and judgement, tact and diplomacy with internal and external customers in
troubleshooting problems and communicating status.
• Effectiveness in this role requires a thorough working knowledge of relevant accounting systems, policies and
• Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position. Initiative
and organisation skills are valuable to ensure the timely completion of a large volume of work. System
knowledge is essential to perform this role effectively and efficiently
Education & Experience:
• Educated to higher / standard grade level.
• Requires proven related experience ideally operating in a busy accounts function dealing with Public as well as
• Must demonstrate excellent computer skills; relevant software application proficiency strongly preferred.
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving transactional issues and interacting effectively with team leaders
and management required.
• Proven attention to detail and accuracy required
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join