When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Due to an internal promotion, we are looking for a person with a strong continuous improvement mindset to be responsible for creating and leading a Practical Process Improvement (PPI) focused culture across our ANZ BioProduction Division (BDP) manufacturing/export business. In this role you will champion and drive initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy and priorities.
You will drive process improvements, costs savings initiatives and initiatives that improve the customer experience and the quality of our products and services. This position will represent ANZ BPD Operations within the Life Science Solutions Group (LSG) Global PPI team working to identify ways to accelerate culture change and embed the PPI Business System as a ‘way-of-life’ across our business. We continue to drive the focus on Quality, Productivity and Customer Experience (Customer Allegiance) to significantly contribute to achieving the business strategy & vision.
- Partner with the ANZ leadership team (BOT) to develop and drive a strategic plan and initiatives aligned with the organisations strategy and goals
- Understand the global BPD customers and business to drive operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Lead a continuous improvement culture, encouraging employee involvement and ownership to drive business results.
- Create and lead an informal network of PPI change agents across locations, facilitating training and adoption of PPI tools
- Focus PPI activity on Return On Investment (ROI) by demonstrating tangible cost benefits, accelerated business growth and/or customer satisfaction
- Challenge organisational leaders as necessary to create an action-biased culture of continuous improvement and accountability
- Identify best practices and serve as a conduit for best-practice sharing
- Own and manage the PPI project pipeline to deliver goals in line for meet company commitments
- Transfer PPI knowledge, build & train internal PPI bench strength to drive a sustainable PPI Business System and results
- Maintain a communication plan that keeps the business and employees informed of pipeline status, project outcomes and their contribution to the business, customers and employees
Qualifications & Experience
- 5 + years of relevant professional experience, ideally in an operational / manufacturing /engineering environment
- PPI Process Manager or equivalent certification such as Lean Methodology, 5S or 6Sigma certification or black belt
- Project Management Leadership
- Experience in working in a global and matrix organisation
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills – with focus to PowerPoint, Excel , ACCESS and project management tools
Attributes & Traits
- Drives Accountability – holds self and others accountable to meet commitments, creating clear processes for monitoring and measuring work, designing feedback loops to support process improvement
- Results Orientated – consistent focus on achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Organizational savviness – demonstrated ability to manoeuvre through complex processes and organizational dynamics to achieve results
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission — enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.