Division/Business Unit Summary:
China Innovation Center (CIC) is a growth engine for Thermo Fisher Scientific in China as well as worldwide. We are responsible for developing new products, upgrading existing products, localizing products for the China market, and providing product application supports. Closely collaborating with the cross functional teams in different business units, we are a growing team attracting talents to develop their careers along with the team’s growth.
China Digital Product R&D team is part of CIC. The team mainly focuses on digital product development as new product offering to customers or added digital value to existing instruments. The team is using Agile methodology for the product development projects. Each scrum team consists of the following roles: Product Owner, Scrum Master, and Developers.
The Project Manager applies professional principles, practices, and techniques to lead project teams and control project scope, schedule, cost, and risks to ensure on time and on quality delivery. This role has ultimate responsibility for all assigned projects and manages coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion in consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
- Responsible for planning, implementation and monitoring of assigned projects
- Work across functions and across countries teams to fulfill project scope, delivery, schedule, budget, and quality
- Responsible for the daily project operation, schedule management, risks and issues handling
- Organize and lead project status and Agile meetings, correct deviations from plan
- Responsible for the cross-function coordination to ensure the projects smoothly go through define, design, verification, validation, and manufacturing
- Lead and host the design reviews and gate reviews of the projects
- Lead report out sessions of projects to management team
- Track the project status and generate related reports
- Ensure all project documents are completed and centralized controlled
- Support project evaluations and assessment of results
- Support local and global team to implement stage gates process
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies. PMP is preferred.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent is preferred.
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Strong communication skill and influence skill to work with cross function, cross country team
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Solid foundation on project management operation techniques (e.g. MS project, review hosting, report generation, risk analysis/management)
- Work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests
- Good communication skills both in Chinese and English
- A proven fast learner, self motivated, willing to take challenges