About the current role:
The designer must understand and execute on the aspects and steps of the process in building interactive design solutions. He or she must be able to visualize, design and conceptualize user experiences. This includes information design hierarchy, process/screen flows, concept sketches, annotated wireframes, interactive prototypes, high fidelity visual mockups and optimized graphics production. Creation visually compelling representations of the solution’s high-level interaction, navigation and organization design that meet product requirements, respect engineering capabilities, while following the brands visual language. Clearly communicate design strategy, rationale, and perspective and present design concepts during creative reviews. Must have the flexibility to understand and apply feedback. Working interdependently with other team members on key initiatives to ensure that the creative execution maintains a strong, consistent look and feel within brand guidelines is essential. Transform product-specific designs into design patterns that will enable a consistent user experience across products. Collaborate cross-functionally with research, engineering, marketing, product management and other internal organizations spread across different time zones.
- Ideation, prototyping, production design
- Translate user stories into interactive application wireframes, site maps and designs
- Develop site navigation systems and content information architecture
- Create click-thru prototypes using tools such as Axure and Balsamiq or comparable tools
- Collaborate with behavior based research programs to create persona models and use cases
- Develop high fidelity designs inclusive of screen layout, graphics, color & typography etc.
- Establish global standards to ensure consistency across all Cloud based software apps
- Must have good experience creating wireframes and converting them into responsive web pages.
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and/or current web standards is required
- Experience with interface design of web and mobile applications
- Very good written and spoken English language skills
- Leverage customer insights programs to develop user interaction design improvements
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or equivalent work experience
- Work Sample: 3 recent best samples you have worked on. This can be both web link, digital or print, its mandatory while apply for this position.
- 3+ years of design experience in interactive, mobile or web apps
- Experience in designing for SaaS based software and/or websites
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch and/or design tools)
- Skilled at rapid prototyping (e.g. Axure or comparable tools)
- Experience and understanding of user-centered design principles
- Deep understanding of color and typography for the web
- Good knowledge in Photoshop/ Illustrator/ Dreamweaver/ Corel Draw.
- Good knowledge in HTML5/XHTML, CSS3, Bootstrap, Java Script.
- Knowledge in JQuery, JQueryUI or other scripting libraries is a plus
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Exceptional graphic design skills with background in illustration/painting a plus
- Ability to manage multiple creative projects
- Knowledge in current design trends and technologies
- Curious, with a strong sense of initiative, follow-through and ability to deliver results on-time
- At least 3+ year's experience in UX preferred, with the emphasis on design (instead of research or usability evaluations, other)
- Good visual design skills - ability to lay out a screen in a well-organized way
- Extensive wireframing experience, created in a number of tools
- Good interactive prototyping skills-clickable prototypes with occasional advanced interactivity
- Experience with projects small and large
- Ability to manage your own project planning and deadlines
- Ability to have healthy relationships with project teams
- Ability to apply existing design patterns
- Design experience using the agile product development methodology
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.