The Business Analyst is primarily responsible for gathering functional requirements from end users and translating those functional requirements into a user requirements specification document (URS). The Business Analyst creates the vision of how the requirements overlay onto the CoreLIMS and CoreELN products out of the box functionality to produce a cohesive solution, providing functional options to the Customer teams to ensure implementation and system use within project timelines. The Business Analyst is a member of the Customer Success Department.
- Partner with the customer to establish deployment objectives and success criteria and help them develop a plan to achieve those objectives.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the customer’s industry business challenges and objectives to appropriately map Core Informatics features and associated business benefits to address their needs.
- Serve as a customer advocate in driving industry best practices and the evolution of Core Informatics product and platform functionality, courses and support services integral to the customer's success.
- Become a Core Informatics expert in currently available functionality and be comfortable and adept at quickly learning and adopting enhancements as they are introduced.
- Document customer success criteria in line with customer business objectives and manage the customer to those objectives.
- Contribute to the development of and tracking against project plans around requirements gathering progress, milestones and targeted go-live date.
- Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business objectives and develop risk mitigation plans to manage the risk with Customer and Core Informatics team members.
- Gather software requirements from end users and assist in writing user requirement documents.
- Assist in implementing system configurations for customers based on requirements.
- Work closely with engineering resources to define requirements for product changes.
- Provide periodic updates to customer stakeholders on the progress of the customer implementations.
- Ensure all customer communication and documentation is recorded in appropriate repositories (JIRA, Confluence, Salesforce, etc.) to maintain product documentation.)
- Participate in the development of external and internal documentation including technical and user requirement specifications and standard operating procedures.
- Provide detailed descriptions of new product features to assist Core Informatics with product documentation and training materials including user manuals, training presentations and videos.
- Provide insight toward product development initiatives from information gathered from customer requirement gathering sessions.
- Manage customer expectations around system functionality, propose alternatives where needed and proactively manage customer requirements sessions towards completion against project timelines.
- Assist the customer with corporate content regarding product features and releases including company websites, product brochures, training materials and release notes.
- Assist the Core Informatics team with recruiting, hiring and training additional business analysts.
- Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline strongly preferred (chemistry, biochemistry, or chemical engineering) or Computer Science, or. equivalent education and experience.
- Five (5) plus years in a life sciences discipline or 5+ LIMS configuration experience or 5+ plus years of a combination of scientific and software experience plus two (2) years customer-facing experience
- Highly organized, creative and motivated, energized working in entrepreneurial culture, self-starter, excellent written communications and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of Information Technology and enterprise information management solutions.
- Understanding of laboratory processes and methods.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage complex, high-value accounts.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, establish and manage competing priorities, work independently and be proactive and perform effectively under pressure.
- Ability to anticipate issues and risk, as well as develop alternatives to ensure delivery.
- Experience within the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Willingness to travel.
- Experience with LIMS.
- Experience with SaaS and PaaS software delivery models.
- Expertise and experience dealing with large, complicated, political accounts at the most senior IT and business levels.