When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Program Manager, Program Management
The Program Manager, Program Management provides leadership for high priority & strategic global hardware and software programs for the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division. This individual manages & leads programs from inception to product launch in collaboration with line managers and subject matter experts in support of the Business Unit’s strategy. A NPDI (New Product Development Introduction) program is viewed as a collection of a number of projects that must be coordinated in a synchronous and planned manner based upon project interdependencies. This role will help create and maintain standards for program management within the organization. The role is responsible for the timely execution of agreed upon projects with achieved project cost, performance, and COGS targets.
- As part of the Division PMO team, work to incorporate strategic direction into a series of actionable, measurable programs/projects to achieve both short-term and long-term goals and objectives.
- Establishes program management KPIs.
- Establishes and promotes industry-recognized, best-in-class program / project management standards.
- Drives programs to ensure continued utilization and maturation of best practices.
- Ensures the global processes, tools, and people are aligned to the global strategy.
- Actively support an enterprise approach to the development, integration, implementation, progress reporting and review of programs. Leads cross-functional Business Unit steering committee broadly responsible for execution of the program / project portfolio and key program / project roadmaps.
- Develops and maintains a program for monitoring and reporting on compliance to adopted policies, processes, and procedures.
- Develops organizational program / project management capabilities through training, coaching, and group and individual meetings/discussions.
- Provides input on the selection and implementation of IT Tools to support Program / Project Management processes.
- Provides program management subject matter expertise and support for large and/or complex programs.
- Works with BU level project managers that roll up their projects into the program.
- Becomes the project manager for those projects that do not have a BU level resource available to manage any lower level projects that roll up into a larger program assigned to the program manager.
- Leads the organization in delivering projects that meet scope, schedule, budget and quality.
- Ensures information concerning project status (i.e. schedules, deliverables, costs, risks, and issues) passes to-and-from key stakeholders.
- Ensures that an effective risk escalation process is established and that barriers to effective project execution are identified and addressed.
- Helps assign Project Management resources and assists in the development of project teams with input from the functional managers. Allocates resources appropriately based on project complexity, strategic importance, and team experience.
- Resolves program management and project services resource conflicts in cooperation with key stakeholders.
- Provide accountability for the evaluation and approval process for change requests (i.e. scope, schedule, and cost).
- Provides leadership to drive continuous improvements for processes and related operations. May directly lead improvement projects OR provide leadership to other teams to drive various improvement projects.
- The candidate for this role should be proficient in program / project management, a highly effective communicator, and experienced working in a matrixed environment. Key requirements/qualifications are:
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in business, engineering, or other related field.
- 10+ years of experience in program/ project management and /or cross functional NPDI leadership.
- Experience developing program / project processes and driving change. Experience driving continuous improvements projects across an organization (with knowledge in Lean, Transformation, and Six Sigma methodologies preferred).
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Project, and SharePoint) required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required. Ability to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly. Able to present a convincing argument to senior executives.
- Solid planning, organizational and multitasking skills are required to be very effective and efficient in handling the many tasks associated with projects.
- Must be highly diligent, and focused on driving issues both big and small to completion.
- Works collaboratively with others. Shares information, addresses conflict professionally, and fulfills commitments. Works exceptionally well across functional groups.
- Can succeed (or even thrives) in a high speed, high pressure environment.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Participates in division wide development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Ensures budgets and schedules meet business requirements.
- Participates with other senior managers to execute on strategic plans and objectives. Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations effective achievement of objectives.
- Ability to travel up to 30% annually.
- MBA or related advanced degree desired.
- Experience with Change Management methodologies is preferred
- PMI or PMP certification preferred
This position has not been approved to provide relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com