When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
- Within the HPLC business unit, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Product Application Specialist who will work on the design, evaluation and market introduction of MS instruments. You are involved in various stages of the product development process from defining product requirements to successful product introductions.
What will you do?
- Product evaluation – Run the products as a customer would in their lab to generate applications data and provide feedback on usability. Design and conduct system-level testing of real-world applications, study and document product performance in key applications, and provide critical feedback to R&D and Engineering. Perform competitive analysis and report out on the data.
- Collateral Development – Design and conduct lab work to create and deliver technical documents and application notes highlighting the specific advantages of hardware, software, and workflows for our products and solutions.
- Lead Generation and Awareness – Develop product-focused presentations, generate content for scientific publications, and assist in the design and development of marketing programs and campaigns that drive lead generation. Deliver customer-facing technical presentations at key conferences and tradeshows. Develop webinar content and slide materials and deliver webinar presentations.
- Voice of the Customer (VOC) in New Product Development and Introduction (NPDI) – Create plans for effectively gathering VOC. Communicate end-user experiences from system-level testing and how that translates into customer needs. Provide feedback to Product and Vertical Market Managers to drive product solutions that will increase market share. Assist in development of value propositions and validate with key customers. Create material, deliver training for NPIs, and execute NPI plan to satisfy strategic planning. Identify, document and communicate why customers buy and how they use Thermo Fisher Scientific products to all parts of the organization. Provide feedback to the product lines on new features needed for success in specific markets.
- Product Commercialization Support – Assist the commercial channel on sales calls to select and educate customers and conduct market research that drives marketing activities including new application development, competitive intelligence gathering, and instrument benchmarking. Develop presentations and data sets to support sales efforts. Maintain relationships with key customers to develop them into reference customers to help sales in a region or globally.
How will you get here?
- Master or Bachelor degree in chemistry, biochemistry, food science or related life science. PhD degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of hands on LC/MS instrumentation experience
- Technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong written/verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate with key accounts and end users
- Able to manage deadlines in a fast paced environment and leverage external and internal resources to resolve issues and meet customer needs
- Must be able to travel up to 25%
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com