Senior Director, Human Resources
Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Needham
- Partners with site leadership continuing to drive a culture of innovation/risk tolerance, collaboration, accountability, and open feedback and communication.
- Drives talent processes, including formal talent reviews, succession planning and development. Proactively identifies and monitors top talent to ensure that the "right people" are in the "right roles" to support growth initiatives for the organization.
- Progress the culture with a focus on employee safety, quality and promoting a diverse and inclusive work environment where employees are actively engaged and promoting Thermo Fisher as a great place to work. Craft and deliver key initiatives to support the organization’s evolving culture.
- Utilize a high level consulting skills to influence, coach and provide feedback to leaders.
- Identifies key engagement drivers and develops strategies to align people, processes, and work related systems in order to achieve meaningful levels of job satisfaction and retention for employees.
- Drives a pay for performance culture and ensure alignment of goals, performance standards and compensation strategies.
- Acts as a catalyst for change; guides and directs organizational design, development and change management solutions.
- Builds organizational capability through development and/or facilitation of appropriate senior leadership team (i.e., team effectiveness, goal development and alignment, manager capability, etc.).
- Evaluates work requests from across the organization and determines prioritization with in collaboration with the business and in alignment with the HR model.
- Manages HR resources and priorities, commissions HR solutions via the HR Generalist or HR Specialists or third party vendors, as appropriate, aligning to business and HR goals and leads successful implementation of initiatives.
- Leads with data and analytics, diagnosing root cause opportunities, making calculated and timely decisions, and taking full action to establish ROI, metrics, and manage programs that will support sales excellence and increased productivity in a prescriptive way.
- Regularly engages with HR colleagues globally and partners collaboratively on initiatives and projects.
- Provides on-going direct implementation of world-wide HR programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, human resources, psychology, related discipline required.
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in all aspects of Human Resources.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and establish rapport with all levels of the organization.
- Strong consultative style with proven experience supporting senior executives. Proven ability to influence and lead others.
- Thorough working knowledge of contemporary practices in the administration of HR policies, including (but not limited to): organizational effectiveness/change management, talent management, compensation strategies, recruiting, proactive employee relations; issue investigation and resolution
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required by the needs of the business.
- 5 years experience operating in global teams.
- Strong business acumen: understands the key financial drivers and dynamics related to growth and revenue goals of an organization.
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage short term deliverables concurrent with longer-term strategic milestones.
- Experience building teams and managing in a complex, matrix environments
- Strong executive presence, excellent decision making skills and the ability to work with a high degree of discretion.
- Proven customer-centric focus: ability to influence culture and create alignment between business goals, behaviours, and compensation systems that drive performance.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Experience working within fast-paced, complex, dynamic, multi-cultural business environments.
- Experience managing field-based employees strongly preferred