Algorithm Developer Intern
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $20 billion, we have approximately 65,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
Summary of Internship
Do you get a kick out of algorithmically solving complex problems? Do you dream about patterns in data at night? Do you want to create products that solve health care problems and save lives? If so, we’d love to talk to you about a new product we’re developing in the genetic analysis space. We’re looking for a top-notch Algorithm/Software Engineer who always sweats the small stuff and cares about impeccable code. We need a graduate student with a solid understanding of Deep Learning and experience in frameworks such as TensorFlow and CNTK. Come join the genomics revolution!
- Creativity: You must be able to dive into new and unfamiliar systems and new ways to work. Think outside the box and ask the right questions. However, you don’t build science projects just because you are smart enough to build them.
- Math Skills: You must understand complex mathematical analysis, modeling and statistics.
- Teamwork: You enjoy working both alone and in teams, sharing ideas and co-developing algorithm code. You understand and know how to make a team more successful than the sum of the team members. You are humble enough to bend to the will of the frameworks, technologies and the people you work with when doing so won’t have a materially negative impact. Every task you take on, whether it’s scary and huge or tiny and boring, you are going to see it through to the best of your ability.
- Communication Skills: You understand that communicating is not about getting ideas out of your head but rather how to get your ideas into someone else’s. You see documentation as an art form not as an annoyance.
- Continuous Learning: You love to develop new skills. You enjoy doing personal projects at home to explore new technologies. You desire to share your discoveries and to learn from other people.
- Algorithm/Software Skills: Fundamental understanding of Deep Learning and Machine Learning. Experience in frameworks such as TensorFlow or CNTK. 3 years of experience in Python.
- Academic Background: Masters or Ph.D candidate in Computer Science, Engineering or Physics.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.