Pharma Services Global Strategic Accounts Leader
Pharma Services is a $3B Business Segment of Thermo Fisher Scientific providing comprehensive services from Clinical Development and Packaging to Commercial Manufacturing for small and large molecules in Drug Product and Drug Substance.
Global Strategic Accounts represent the largest and most important customers exhibiting readiness to work in partnership with Pharma Services. The Strategic Accounts Leader will have a multi-faceted role in our organization managing the Commercial Operations Relationship with responsibility for driving growth and profitability with PSG Strategic Accounts. In addition, this role serves as the key liaison with the Thermo Fisher Corporate Accounts organization to identify synergies and execute joint strategies and initiatives.
This role will be part of the global Pharma Services Commercial Operations Team and will be responsible for integration programs with Sales Leadership, Business Management above Sites and Business Units, and Thermo Fisher Scientific Corporate Account Management.
- Manage Long Term Vision/Plan and Financial Forecast for assigned Strategic Accounts
- Manage Global Governance Structure for assigned Strategic Accounts including new and existing business. Establish and manage functional executive sponsorship. Build strong executive relationships across the organization
- Manage Escalation Process to effectively and efficiently resolve open client issues
- Manage Commercial Relationship, Client P&L and agreed upon KPI’s
- Ensure comprehensive account plans (Miller Heiman Gold Sheet/Blue Sheet) are in place and reviewed with leadership teams. Drive Growth levels higher than Regional Accounts
- Create Deeper New Business penetration across all Business Units (BU’s). Accountable for growing wallet share
- Channel New Business Leads identified from either external sources (Global Strategic Accounts/Clients) or internal sources (Global BM’s/site leadership) to Sales Leadership in order to achieve/exceed growth performance targets
- Serve as Client Advocate and ensure value creation/realization from strategic relationship
- Work with Global BM on Quarterly Business Review (QBR) and associated report-outs
- Increase awareness of the Pharma Services offerings and key differentiators from our competition
- Identify and present the Pharma Services value proposition, including opportunities for strategic bundling of services
- Ensure adherence to Corporate Legal Contract Management Policy
- Provide input into strategic initiatives including integrated and cross selling and potential M&A.
- Monitor contract compliance and renegotiate existing agreements as necessary partnering with business management.
- Experience leading client centric Commercial Operations globally
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Global Account Management/Client P&L Management in CDMO/Life Sciences industry
- Proven track record in strategic account management leadership including demonstrated consistent above plan performance
- Strong understanding of CDMO industry/services including competitive landscape
- Leadership experience in an aggressively growing business climate. Established contacts in major pharmaceutical organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; MBA preferred.
- Exceptional Client Management and Leadership Skills
- Experience managing in a Matrix Structure including Sales/Operations/Business Management/Site Management/Business Unit Executive Leadership
- Demonstrated ability to interface with Large Pharma Senior Executives
- Previous Commercial Operations leadership experience
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical skills and Client P&L management
- Professional presentation skills and ability to network, consult and influence senior leaders – demonstrates executive presence
- Ability to establish a functional, home office environment to effectively manage assigned responsibilities
- Experience with large deal structuring and execution, including sensitivity analysis, deal modeling and optimal deal structure evaluation
- Executive presentation skills (internal and external) essential
- Significant experience working across divisions, business units and technologies
Physical Requirements: Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required. Travel time estimated at + 50% of time. Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch periodically for prolonged periods of time; manipulation (lift, carry, move) of light to medium weights of 10-35 pound pounds; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for prolonged periods of time; visual acuity to use a keyboard, computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services. Apply today at http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.