When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The talented Software Engineer will join a cross-functional engineering team designing instrumentation to aid in cutting-edge medical research. You will be part of an innovative software team that develops application code that accepts information from the instrument and visualizes the data while running analysis and providing information to the researcher. You will be working closely with both the hardware engineering team developing the instrument and the biologists defining the problems the instrument and software are intended to solve.
- Perform all phases of software development including design, implementation, testing, integration, maintenance of software for the company’s cell analysis instruments
- Development and support of GUI, analysis, communications, and instrument control software and firmware
- Integration of algorithms & mathematical functions for identification and quantification of data collected by instruments
- Interact with biologists to translate scientific research needs into instrument user stories and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field. Master’s or Ph.D preferred.
- 7+ years experience developing commercially released applications using C#
- Expert C# skills, including writing real-time multi-threaded software with tasks
- Strong working knowledge of .NET
- Experience implementing software in the MVC, MVVM, or MVP framework
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Unit Testing and TDD experience
- A passion for writing clean code and following best practices
- Team player and clear communicator
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com