Job Title: Senior Thermal Engineer
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world. Visit us at http://jobs.thermofisher.com
India Engineering Centre is a Global R&D centre which provides Product development services to the Global Business units. Our Product development ranges from Laboratory equipments, Analytical instruments, remote monitoring solutions, Chromatography & Mass spectrometry.
- Domain expertise in Refrigeration System & Cryogenics products.
- Perform the design of refrigeration systems for refrigeration applications (+4 C to -180 C) including hydrocarbon and natural refrigerant based systems.
- Perform heat load calculations to determine refrigeration requirements and heat transfer and thermodynamic analysis associated with sizing and selection of refrigeration components.
- Expertise on VCRS and acquaintance to alternative refrigeration technologies (Thermoelectric, Absorption systems etc.)
- Owns & establishes the Design Record Book for the critical Refrigeration components
- Build the Design Verification plan. Understand refrigeration system components and how the refrigeration system is affected as components and balance the system to meet unit performance and energy requirement.
- Develop Sampling plans with respect to inherent and induced variation respective to the product lines.
- Acquaintance to system and component level reliability requirements
- Understanding of system and component level Agency requirements, not limited to but comprising of UL, IEC standards
- Develop the DFMEA, ability to predict the failure modes. Develop & draft Engineering test procedure (ETP) to validate the new failure modes identified.
- Provide leadership, supervision and coordination for design activities related to existing products and custom equipment
- Support other engineers in refrigeration analysis and Lead refrigeration design through technical reviews
- Design products and systems to meet requirements of quality, cost effectiveness, energy efficiency, customer requirements, company standards and other predetermined competitive factors.
- Work effectively with global cross-functional teams during all phases of the toll-gate NPD process
- Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical Engineering \\ Masters in refrigeration or Thermal engineering (preferred) with 10+ yrs of experience
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Work and design development experience in Cryogenic products
- Experience working with Leading Ref/HVAC OEMs desired
- Hands on theoretical calculations and mathematical modeling at system and component level
- Acquaintance to Evaluation plans at system and component level
- Acquaintance to product reliability requirements
- Experience on cascade refrigeration system will be plus.
- Knowledge on other emerging technologies like Sterling etc, will be preferable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills required to manage small and large projects.
- Ability to apply design principles and practices in the design, development and verification of possible solutions.
- Strong understanding of new product development technologies, project management experience and various customer applications.
- Knowledge on Risk assessment, Root cause analysis procedures, DFMEA, PFMEA, ISO, etc is desirable.
- Knowledge of DFM & DFA with respect to ease of manufacture and assembly.
- Oversee testing and analysis of products to determine product performance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join