When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Customer Channels Group delivers a comprehensive array of products and services to the scientific research, healthcare, safety and science education markets. Our portfolio offers the broadest array of consumables, equipment and supplies, sourced from thousands of manufacturers around the world. We also offer our customer supply-chain managerial services, delivery systems and business solutions that enable them to lower their costs, enhance efficiency and focus on their core areas of expertise.
- Develop and execute on STRAP in alignment with company goals and execute on large global execution.
- Cascade STRAP goals through to execution at the appropriate levels using strategy deployment, Parent A3s, Project A3s and TTI Bowlers.
- Responsible for facilitating/enabling the implementation of the PPI Business System across the division and functions.
- Lead/work with functional teams to streamline processes to improve the customer experience, enable profitable growth and become more efficient.
- Provide support to develop lean expertise and capability within the organization at all levels.
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement to improve KPIs, in the areas of customer, finance, people and quality.
- Mature KPI Leadership and the Lean Management System (tiered daily management systems, Gemba Walks, and leader standard work) and other coaching tools to transform the culture.
- Provides PPI Business System Program support through project traceability, pipeline building and productivity tracking and reporting. Utilize consistent tools and templates and other governance mechanisms as needed.
- Improve the decision-making model and problem solving capabilities within high performance teams to increase autonomy and the pace of change.
- Work closely with business leadership to identify ways to accelerate the culture change necessary to support the PPI Business System.
- Provide ongoing PPI Business System support to multiple teams as directed.
- Work with the expanded team to develop/promote/standardize the PPI Business System further.
Work Locations: Loughborough, United Kingdom, Illkirch, France or Pittsburgh, PA.
- 10+ years of experience as a Continuous Improvement Expert with a ‘hands-on’ track record of implementing successful TPS-based or Business System based including elements such as:
- Strategic planning and strategy deployment.
- KPI Leadership and Lean Leadership (Daily Accountability, Visual Management, Leader Standard Work, and Gemba Walks).
- Expertise in problem-solving in Kaizen events focusing on a formal program/process.
- Advanced Lean Tool Usage including, Kaizen events on standard work, cell design, process and product 3P, VMS, FMEA error-proofing, material flow, and kanban.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Operations or Business.
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching teams.
- Effective communicator and facilitator including solid written, oral and presentation-giving skills.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as needed, approximately 50%.
- Lean Six Sigma, BB or MBB certification.
- Project and program management expertise and/or PMP certification.
- High ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- A holistic thinker who can look enterprise-wide to integrate and streamline systems for optimal benefit.
- Able to drive strategic thinking and continuous improvement in both non-operational and operational areas, including connecting the cross-functional resources to remove waste along the extended value streams. (i.e. Customer Service, Sales, Marketing, IT)
- Passion for driving improvement and leading change in a complex, global environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect globally and positively influence leadership and all levels of the organization.
- Experience aligning projects to global company goals.
- Cultural awareness and ability to work across markets and able to remain focused in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join